Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When I was at Moore, I know their 'Guard Dog' subscription let the road service people at Mack not only see what was wrong, but they would direct you to a shop as close as they could find that had the parts to fix it. Pretty sure these new Freightliners have more modern technology than the old Pinnacles had.

Lonesome and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    It was weird the first time to get a call about a check engine light before you could pull over to check it yourself.

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    They can raise it all they want, I am still not coming back for a third time.

xlsdraw and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I was asked to report to the nearest terminal by my A/H/M yesterday. So, after I got empty this morning I hustled over to Deland. They needed me to do my annual review stuff, and watch some stuff on the PC. And, I spoke to my terminal manager about all the goings on between me and Lincoln...and about all the issues I am having with equipment, especially the truck's opti-idle and it's transmission issues nobody wants to fix. So now I am swapping to a newer truck (but not new enough to have the bullspit in the windshield). Plus, it has a bonus.......

PXL_20210924_163846616.jpg

A 2020 with a stick. They offered it to another driver who said no way, she wanted an auto...so, now I am in a newer truck with the transmission I prefer. And I talked to the shop foreman who looked up the work order history, and nothing major has had gone wrong in 250k...knock on wood.

6. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Ride the wave, now that it's turned in your favor.

Is Rae still the Terminal Manager there? I always liked her and the other ladies in there.

Anthony, not so much. He's the classic "corporate" guy. And I'm the opposite of a "corporate" guy. I come from a small family business background, where you do what needs to be done.

Anyways, I always felt bad for the ladies there in DeLand. I always told them that I could work with them, but I couldn't work with Lincoln.

Lonesome, Speed_Drums and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    That’s a hidden gem!

Speed_Drums and mjd4277 Thank this.
  8. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    A 2020 with a manual-you lucky ****!LOL
    Enjoy it-and don’t let them pull you out of it-unless there’s another manual!

10. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Time to play the lottery :)

JoeyJunk, Lonesome and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  11. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    He's having a good week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.