Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You're not kidding. I already have a check engine light..(a google search says it's a known SCR issue that is fixed with a software update), and now one of the dash 12v plugs went out, and the cb power is dead(checked fuses for both, and both are good). I have power at the fuse box on both sides (it has a choice of batt or ign), but no power at the cb plug at all or outlet. Plus 2 sleeper plugs were out with a blown fuse.

Speed_Drums and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Did the reefer side only get a 4 cpm raise? I’m noticing on the website both start at .64 now, and I think starting was .60 before this

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    All divisions(dry, reefer and flat) get a $.05 bump after Oct 9.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. tallguy66

Oct 18, 2018
    this is what their site has for national reefer, as well as van.

Pay Rate per Mile
    $0.64 - $0.70

I’m pretty certain it was at .60 before

6. recapped

recapped Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2021
  7. tallguy66

Oct 18, 2018
  8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Gotta love the quality control on these new trucks, right? But don't worry--even though all the stuff that makes a driver's life bearable has broken down, the cattle prods and tattletales will NEVER EVER die. :rolleyes:

9. Geekonthestreet

Geekonthestreet Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2021
    Chicago
    ask them to put you in an auto with complementary flip flops. Electrical is no joke

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I found several Youtube videos that say the CB wiring and that top 12v outlet are on the same circuit, and that's the only thing that is out and my 3 way splitter/USB phone charging port may be part of the problem. It was working, now it isn't on any plug (with only my GPS and phone connected, and it's fuse is good). I'll hit the Love's up by the interstate and get a new one and see.

Speed_Drums, ncmickey and Bumper Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Found out my electrical problem...it was the loose nut between the steering wheel and the seat. Yes, it was me. I have hooked up cb's dozens, if not hundreds of times...and not once have I crossed the wires. But, I guess in my haste to get things done, I saw the red stripe that occasionally remains when you split the cb plug wires...and I connected those to the red wires of the 12v adapter...and wired it into the power of the truck.....and like a stupie, wired the other into the other wire...and pfffft, toasted my radio and blew the 25amp fuse. But the fuse didn't show blown...it just tested bad with my ohms test meter. And it also blew out the plug for my GPS, but I have a spare wire for that. Anybody need any wiring done? Give me a call at 1-800-dumb-###

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.