Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I think they did. I usually get mine the next pay period. If it was close enough to the end of the pay period, it sometimes is the following check.

O.Henry Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Her Farmers Market you mean? (She gets grumpy when someone calls it a flea market...which is a glorified yard sale...but I won't tell her)

Unless she is still in the hospital, she will be at work. They want you up and moving as much as possible as soon as possible. PT usually starts 1 or 2 days after surgery. In fact, if it weren't for some medical condition caused by her apnea, she wouldn't need to go in the hospital for this, her doctor has his own surgrical center where you come in first thing in the morning, get operated on and leave late that afternoon. But she needs a specially trained anesthesiologist that handles her type of apnea problem, so they have to do this in a hospital. They told her yesterday to bring an overnight bag just in case. Her mom had the same surgery and was at home walking with a walker the next day. If the wife is as stubborn as her mom about this, she'll be in the truck waiting on me on market day

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    JoeyJunk and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The company surprised me just now...sent out a message that they, along with the ATA and others are going to fight against the employer vaccine mandate...I figured that they would say they would wait and see, and then submit to the gubbermint wishes. I truly hope the stick to their guns on this, and stand their ground.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I wonder how many folks told Lincoln they would walk if they tried to implement something like that???

Gearjammin' Penguin and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  6. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    My wife has COVID. They did the monoclonal antibodies therapy thing today. She was vaccinated and wears a mask but is a high school teacher in a district with the highest COVID numbers in the state. The day her test came back positive her unvaccinated younger cousin died of it. You don’t want this thing.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    2 of my grandsons had it, along with my daughter and son-in-law. All had fairly mild cases fortunately, except, my son-in-law still has some loss of his sense of smell, but all tested negative multiple times. And they did a covid and mrsa test on the wife before her surgery...both of which came back negative, which is a miracle because she deals with the public every week, along with helping watch both of the grandkids that had covid. None of us have gotten the poke, and none plan to. Most of my family believe as I do, when it's your time, it's your time. Be it covid, cancer, heart attack, a lightening bolt out of the blue sky, a piece of space junk landing on your head or just old age...not a #### thing is gonna change it when it's your time.

8. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Yet they made me take the sleep apnea test and get a cpap because "we want to get ahead of the government mandating them" what a crock of spit. Oh well.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    (Sarcasm alert..... sarcasm alert)
    They held a gun to your head, while they strapped you down and forced you to do a sleep study? :eek:

It's very easy to get out of that...look for the sign marked "Exit" and wave bye-bye. Then get a second opinion from a doctor that says you don't have apnea (unless you have apnea) and then you can challenge anything they put on your record stating you needed a sleep study, but refused.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  10. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Oh gee, you don't say? So you agree, these mandates don't actually take away individual choice?

11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Some day they might install a fart scanner in the driver seat to monitor our diet /s :p:p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.