Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    After I posted that I was hoping you would see the humor and not think I was taking a shot at you.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I was trying to come up with some humor to add as well, but it's been a long day and my quirky sense of humor is a little off tonite...

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Awwww, they care about me again :love7:...got the ''your truck hasn't moved in xx hours....yadayadayada" message...I haven't gotten one of those is many months..the last time was before I started being so grumpy

Lonesome, O.Henry and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Nice to be appreciated.....

6. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    7FF22591-CDB5-44F6-889A-D621119BF928.jpeg Gotta be the most useless message yet.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I totally agree...I got one when I arrived to pick my get-home load...and I'm gonna be out until at least next Weds if all goes well with Mrs. Snackbar's recovery.

48Packard, Lonesome and O.Henry Thank this.
  8. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    just curious, did you have to jump through any hoops to get 7 consecutive days off?

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Nope...but I will be putting in for my vacation time on Monday. My A/M never has a problem with my time off since I normally am out longer than required. And now that we are getting along again, plus my improved equipment, I will be going back to my normal time away from home. The wife even commented last hometime that 3 days in a row isn't enough to accomplish much around there, so once I know she's able to do what she needs to around home, I will stay out for a while.

Lonesome and tallguy66 Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got to see if my bunk heater worked right earlier this morning. When I went to bed, it was warm, so I had the a/c and my 12v fan running (and this latest update they're doing to the opti-idle will chill it down to a lot lower temp). But overnight it got into the lower 40's(and my 12v fan was still running), so by the time I was getting up this morning, it was a bit chilly, so I fired it up...and it worked on the 1st try.

Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Karma, I hope when that ##### dies, she rots in hell being tortured by her replacement. I have been in an above average mood lately. I'm in a manual truck that I prefer, where everything seems to work (if I would quit having my stuff blow fuses)...we got the big raise....our insurance is paying more of my wifes medical than I am use to...heck, even when some things that need the shops attention, I get in and out in a reasonable time...until today. I check in at my shipper a little early...they put me right in a door, but don't start loading me until about 45 min before the loads ready time...I think 'ok, they'll get me done about what time it's suppose to be done, which I can live with"...it was suppose to be ready at 16:30, now it's 21:30, and I am still at the dock. The load is suppose to be in Orlando at 10 am tomorrow. And, because I slept a full night last night, I am just now starting to get a little tired. I went in to see what was up, and there is some sort of issues with 'automation'(that's what the lady said). This is a US Cold Storage location, not a manufacturer...what kind of automation does a regular old cold storage have. She counted freight, and I am a little over half loaded...Jesus, I am gonna be here all night at this rate. And I can't sleep worth a poop when I am waiting for the phone to ring at a customer. Why did karma have to stick this 'old school' reefer problem on me now...this is how it use to be many moons ago...but I got #### to do...there may be a load of frozen food sitting in my front yard for a week or so because I don't care how good Tonn & friends and I are getting along right now...it's family first this time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.