Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    You’re safe now, I gave you an excuse. ;)

JoeyJunk, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    You beat me to it, LOL.

4. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas

Blue shaffer driver made it on here.

Speed_Drums and Dale thompson Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I received great news, good news and bad news yesterday. The great news and good news is, Deland heard back from Lincoln about that extra vacation time and the missing detention time. The great part is, they are giving me credit for time served when I was at Crete...so they now consider me to have 11 years of seniority, and therefore have been alotted 3 weeks vacation(and I was gone almost 8 years, I think someone up there still likes me). The good news is, they found out why I wasn't paid my detention...and they aren't to blame. I screwed up the unload date...and I even went back and checked the email you get when you submit an app detention form, and still didn't notice I screwed up the day the unload was complete. It showed unload started on 10/04/21 and ended 10/21/21...doahhhhh. So she got that fixed and resubmitted. Now the bad news. They had me t-call that Orlando delivery in Deland. They rescheduled it, but the only appointment they could get is Sunday...so I dropped the load in Deland, then bobtail home for vacation...now for the bad part, between Deland and home (120mi) I used over 1/2 tank of DEF. When I got home, there was a puddle of DEF under my truck, and the front of my fuel tank, steps, 1/4 fender, and both diffs are caked with dried white DEF. So, first thing this morning, the wife and I are taking the truck to the local Freightliner and dropping it off. I hope that it's something they have in stock, or can get in...I really like this truck and don't want to give it up...after they turned it up, it seems to have better power. Maybe the 68 mph limit put it in a better part of the torque curve. But they have at least a week to get it fixed (but I won't tell them that).. I guess the bad news isn't all that bad since this happened when I was at home and not 1000 miles from nowhere.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    xlsdraw, JoeyJunk, Speed_Drums and 5 others Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Man, was I scatter-brained this morning. I was gonna take my truck to Freightliner first thing this morning. So Mrs. Snackbar and I went to leave, and I grabbed the spare keys to her truck and climbed in HER truck and started it up...and she climbed in the passenger side, not saying a word, just like we were going to town...then she asked "so, are we were gonna be towing the big truck with hers?" (being the smart-### she is)...she was just waiting to see how long it took my brain to kick in and start working. Then, when I got to Freightliner, I locked the door, and went in to get written up. Then had to get the keys back to put the workorder tag in the windshield. Locked the door, turned in the keys again, walked half way to her truck, and had to go back to get my keys again so I could get my coffee cup(I checked, my head is still attached, I didn't forget it somewhere)...the brain ain't right right now.

7. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    It sucks getting old, doesn’t it?

8. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Got another software update. Noticed in the "Driving Assistance" tab, when driving, you now get the "Speed Limit" icon on the screen. Shows whatever the local speed limit is on the highway. Like we can't read signs and stuff....

dwells40 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Must be just for the new trucks with the lane departure and wiper mode camera in the window...I hope it isn't being added to the terrain following stuff for the E-coast bull...if they ever make me swap to an auto again.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They say the mind is the 2nd thing to go...I can't remember what the 1st is. But the one nice thing about going senile is you meet new people every day

dwells40, xlsdraw, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Good thing that at least it happened at home with the truck issues..

xlsdraw, JoeyJunk and mitrucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.