Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Miracle of miracles...I am sitting AT King Soopers. I managed 695 miles today and had 18 min of drive time left...a personal -legal- best for me. I left Franklin, IN around noon yesterday(eastern) and was sitting here, 1107 miles later, by 17:00 (eastern) today. Woulda made it here sooner if IN knew how to set up construction zones. Sat in 2 backups, 5 miles apart, both with the right lane closed. But closing the right lane in between the 2 was out of the question I guess...so everybody has to fight to the left lane, cross the bridge they're intalling a new ski-jump before and after...open the right lane, then close the right lane and make everyone fight their way to the left lane all over again so they could throw some asphalt near the holes and let God and gravity put it where it needs to be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Every time I see snow, I do exactly what the chimp in your Avatar is doing...

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    A guy I worked with at Moore use to cuss every we used that 4-letter word....he called it wons instead of snow...of course he was a fair weather driver and would park if they were calling for anything over 1-3", which sucked for him because we use to do a lot of loads going to Owatonna, MN.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Naw...3 Marshall stadium amps and some of the moron tabernacle choir singing hallelujah on a loop in between some of that devil thrash heavy metal....and then a repeating of Donald Gumps 1st state of the union speech.

Jarhed1964, nredfor88 and Bumper Thank this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    But your way they will possibly return. Mine they won’t.

Itsbrokeagain, Jarhed1964 and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Saw some of that white stuff in Michigan today when I made my delivery in Belding….

Jarhed1964, mitrucker and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Wow...my b/l had 17 pages...5 or 6 different po's. King Soopers had me empty and sitting back in the staging area by 4:15 (with a 3 am appointment). How can one complain about that.

Now I am off to Fort Morgan to pick up a D/H load (hopefully we have empties for them to preload) going to the Carthage caves. Load won't be ready until after 19:00, so there is no real rush all the way around, and another good week mile wise.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Uggggh...got to shipper to drop my empty then BT out for a break. Shipper says NOT a drop/hook but live load at 20:00 (my info says d/h after 21:00). I timed this out so I could get a full break in, pick up my load, run vampire shift and get this load delivered with most of a clock...now things are in chaos again. Checked with my A/M, who contacted the CSR. CSR says give them these numbers (which are the same as I gave them earlier)..A/M says it's a drop and hook. Told them I did all that, and shipper says live load...so, it might be another case where we don't have empties to preload.

Jarhed1964, O.Henry and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  10. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Can you not drop that empty and bt to take a break and come back later after theyve loaded it?

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Nope. Shipping office says live load so they won't let me drop. I had to leave and come back just before my appointment time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.