Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    How was that new pilot in FAUCETT MO not even on truckerpath yet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Just woke up at a loves to find flashing lights in front of my truck. Opened the curtains to see an ambulance and a cop parked out front. They seem to be assisting a driver 2 trucks down from me. Don't know what happened and don't want to be noisy. What a way to start the day, not like I can go anywhere till they are done. Hope driver is doing well.

4. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    Respect to those who run the PNW all winter. Today wasn’t much on the ground when the freeway opened backed up to a spin out but this is not nearly as fun as it was in the summer..

Speed_Drums and Winnyf1 Thank this.
  5. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Made one last run from UT to Denver on 70 tonight myself, just starting to accumulate around Vail and traffic was starting to slow. Fortunate to make it through before the chain requirements started popping up.

O.Henry and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's your average new style Peelot. Really high cellings, and the Mexican phone company for food. Not the biggest parking lot right now. They're still doing some sort of excavation in the middle, which is using up 20 or so parking spots. Probably digging up the old truckstop's rotten fuel storage tanks.

My shower was the new 'team' shower I guess.

PXL_20211202_191933161.jpg

That way team drivers only tie up one shower room per shower credit. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Headed to Groveland for a live unload. Not the longest run, again. And my Asset Mismanager wonders why I get so pissed off at him.

I figured out why I've been so easy to blow up on him. When I was 1st assigned to him, during the introductory call, he said he likes to run his drivers on recap rather than giving them time for a restart. He said his drivers saw higher average miles that way. I said that I felt the exact opposite, I prefer to run as hard as my logbook allows, get the miles in the bank, then reset and do it all over again. At first, he let me do it my way, and my 1st full quarter was in the 32-33k mile range. Then my 2nd full quarter, he started throwing in more short #### runs, and not giving me as many opportunities to reset. 2nd quarter miles barely hit 30k. 3rd quarter, when I really started to get pissed off at him a lot, the only reset I got was on hometime, and I barely made it into bonus land. Now this quarter, still no resets, but I won't even be close to a bonus, but that is mostly due to me being home for the wife's surgery...so we may have to have a heart to heart discussion and if he can't get on the ball, then I'll have to kick him to the curb and hope the next desk riding cubicle dweller is better.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I get 32-33k mi a quarter and never take a reset out here…the only time i reset is at home.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Since I am basically being run like a super-regional driver, there is no way I'll get to 30k per quarter unless I don't go home at all. Especially since I blow anywhere from 1-2 on-duty hours with most drop/hook loads searching for empty trailers that aren't there, then sit for an hour or more waiting on the next wild goose (trailer) chase.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I have only been out West four times since March I primarily run the Midwest down to Texas and the southeast get up to Mechanicsburg area that’s where they generally run me and I have made my bonus every single quarter so far so to just sit there and say that you can’t make your bonus because you’re not running coast to coast runs essentially is very misleading… and I go home every 4 to 5 weeks even when I go home after 21 days which I’ve done a couple times I still have managed to get well over the threshold for the bonus

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Perhaps your A/M is better than mine then. 1st quarter was the best, 2nd was 3000 less, 3rd just barely made the threshold...and lately all I can get out of him is a 275-300 mile/day average unless I stay on his ### like a horney rented mule. I've tried playing nice with him and roll with the flow...and I see 2000 miles per week...I rant and rave at him and he picks up the pace. I am tired of being a crazed tyrant just to make a living.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Lonesome and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.