Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Still pull a blue trailer with a big "Shaffer" logo and a big birdie on the door. Both red and blue trucks have both names on the truck door as well.

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I can do that here, I just turn my clocks settings to military time. Then there is 0200 and 14:00.:p

Ralph4159, mdmgolfin and Bumper Thank this.
  4. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Your are the big e repping I thought?

Here's one for ssb no micromanagement but shady euros forcing paper logs hacking peoplenet so u can drive over 11 and many they'll manage your money for ya! They get a billboard now on 75 ga near Chattanooga state line

Attached Files:

Bumper Thanks this.
  5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    .74 isn't big money? Lol. That's linehaul pay topped out.

Extra board is .78.

Teams is mid 80s or something.

Geekonthestreet and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    linehaul=daycab I'm guessing...no thanks, started my driving career driving a daycab. In less than 6 months I was offered a sleeper truck, and haven't been tempted to get back in one yet. I guess along with trucker-A.D.D. I have trucker-claustrophobia. I've been back with this company about 18 months and am nowhere close to being at the top pay rate at .74, and I get to keep my stuff in the truck, parked at home during hometime...and I barely have enough room for my crap, let alone sharing a truck this size with another full grown adult, so that rules out team.

Lonesome, Bumper and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Nice run for when I come back out tomorrow.

2600 miles up to Washington state hauling booze.

tallguy66, Geekonthestreet and Bumper Thank this.
  8. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    You enjoy being away from home and living the truck stop lifestyle. Most of the rest of us would rather turn the miles and then go home and enjoy family, friends, or whatever. Whatever makes you happy. You constantly get aggravated over the canned messages you get but you take that too personal. Most of your mega fleet is staffed with mirror foggers.

Geekonthestreet, dwells40 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  9. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    If you're getting .74 as base and home daily with a sleeper I can't argue with you. I love sleepers, but just don't have one. I ran the road with Estes in a day cab too. Most dudes there hate sleepers, but I'm one of the few, outside of teams, that love em.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm at .70 base and .04 per quarter mileage bonus. The only time I haven't gotten my bonus is when I took time off for my wife's knee replacement, but then I only missed it by a few thousand miles.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm at one of those shippers that remind you of the bad old times of reefer trucking. Interstate Storage in Fort Wayne. 3.5 hours past my appointment and I am still in the waiting area waiting for a door. If I can boot this load off tomorrow and pick up my next load, I can get it to Edwardsville before payroll cutoff and have a 3100+ mile week...but the 14 is looking sorta shakey right now. Thankfully we don't have that many customers like this. It's one of those customers that makes me miss open deck more and more.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Lonesome and motocross25 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.