Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That's how the 2 or 3 we have are. Takes 3.5 hands to lower or raise.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The system acts like I haven't done my load call, but I have. I am now at the Pilot on 95 just south of 26. I re-requested a fuel solution and it has me partial fueling at the 190 in SC, then partial filling at Jessup then filling at the Love's at the 190 again...and the routing has me going back to Mechanicsburg, then down the same route back to where I am at....this is truely the most screwed up the system has ever been.

4. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I don’t know how or why you keep putting up with this bs.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I messaged dispatch to make sure the system got my loaded message. They say it did, they even tried to give me a new solution with a specific city. It gave me a partial in Brunswick, then back up to SC, then MD and back to SC. And one is a fill which we aren't supposed to bypass. I'll put the recommended amout in GA, then talk to Deland on Monday and let them know that there was an issue so I don't get dinged on my compliance...like I care...the way it's going I won't be here at the end of the next quarter...so who cares about the bonus.

Bumper, dwells40 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Id fill up at the 1st fuel "solution", then send a fuel "request" at 1/2 a tank. I worked for Roehl in the past and told them when I started I would not do multi fuel stops. Worked there over 7 years, if I heard from my dispatcher about fuel purchases I told him/her that was an agreement on my hiring. I delivered on time, presented myself in a posivitive manner to the customer. Always got my bonuses. If they paid stop pay and hourly pay to fuel Id fuel 20 times a day.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    At Roehl, would fueling off solution cost you $12-1500 per quarter? Part of our quarterly safety and performance bonus is fuel solution compliance. Over the amount by a certain percentage on partial fills, or skipping full fills gets you a non-compliance ding. If, for some stupid reason, I stay thru June, being out of compliance might cost me $.04/mi for the entire quarter. And there is only one fuel stop on the solution that is on the route between me and the delivery. The rest are on the route the computer is thinking I have to go to get back to the start of the trip for some reason.

Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Has anyone else been getting fuel solutions that avoid Flying Pilot? I have been getting Love's and T/A-Petro fuel stops all week. Not sure what the company's discount off the pump price is, but in Hebron OH the other day, they had me fuel at the T/A where the pump price was $0.10/gal higher than the Pilot across the interstate...they must be getting a huge discount at T/A right now.

Bumper Thanks this.
  9. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    I haven't been given a Flying Pilot fuel solution.....since early March

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Last month, I was at 4 points per gallon by mid month at the Flying Peelot. The last time I was at one was April 1st and it was an f'g fill at the F'g J in Effingham, F'g IL.

11. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I didn't even know that this was a thing. When I drove local I refueled at the yard and now that I'm otr I refuel wherever I feel like. Working extra unpaid hours just to save the company money would be a deal breaker for me.

4mer trucker, Lonesome and 48Packard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.