Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Had a surprise this morning, I-95 just north of the SC/GA line

20220417114857.jpg 20220417114906.jpg

Guy(or girl) was running north in the southbound lanes. I hit the shoulder with my 4-ways just in case it was a suicide by truck attempt

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Maybe they were trying to drop you off a new fuel routing @supersnackbar :). In all seriousness, glad you avoided that catastrophe.

4. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I never even made it to 4 cents last month. Mostly Loves and TA/Petro

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Had about 5 of those in my career, one involving a big truck. Changed my underwear after that one. :eek:

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Found out that, because of the holiday, Tuesday is the earliest appointment the receiver had for my load. I told BH2.0 that he needs to put me down for a layover day, he said they don't pay layover for this. I said I accepted a load that had a preliminary Monday appointment, and now I am on a Tuesday delivery (that nobody told me about until I was dispatched on). The old bait-n-switch. I told him that if they would have offered me a 900 mile run that picked up on Saturday and delivered on Tuesday, I would have refused it based on it being unproductive. Told him straight out, from now on, I say no to loads without appointments...no more bait-n-switch. This is how things were moving when I decided to leave Crete years ago, and it seems to be the SOSDD here.

7. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    If you are at the customer, put in for detention pay. Then contact your terminal manager if BH2.0 still gives a problem. But you HAVE to be at the customer when you apply. BH2.0 is right, Creffer doesn't do the layover pay thing but they do charge detention.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They won't pay detention time either. The preplan tentative appointment was for Monday(not a set appointment time), but when they dispatched me on it, it was set to Tuesday, without anyone saying a word to me (usually you get an appointment update message when they change things on loads, even if it's just a preplan). They know that I would have said no to a sub-300 mile/day load. So, the way it is now technically, it was my fault for accepting a load without a scheduled delivery. So this means, I stayed out extra to have a ####ty week.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    nredfor88, Lonesome and baha Thank this.
  9. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    if you send your arrival call within the right parameters, and say get empty a day later.. still submit that detention. I’ve been surprised myself when some of those actually paid out. Tcall not an option on this one?

Bumper Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    No place to T'call without adding 300 extra miles, so that isn't an option. I will do an arrival at the customer when I arrive. My beef isn't with when it's scheduled to deliver now...it is when they told me it would deliver earlier on the preplan, then changed it to another day without any update to me...then expect me to be cool with it when it delivers a day later and without any compensation for getting screwed out of a day's work when I agreed to stay out a little longer than originally planned. The old bait-n-switch won't happen again. Bottom line, no appointment, no accepting the preplan.

11. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    i think it’s the planners doing that just to keep their metrics up on keeping people preplanned. I’ve had messages from my AM telling us to straight up decline preplans that don’t have appointment times listed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.