Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Has anyone else had their Drivewyze go nuts this week? At every scale from FL to the Dale City south of DC I have gotten the 'pull in unless closed' message, except the Cabbage Cops in FL, which we reefer haulers have to pull in for anyway. And I am light, so it's not that. Is that 15 state east coast blitz still going on?

Bumper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I had a stretch like that when I had Drivewyse. Normally I rarely got flagged to pull in. Then for about two days straight it wanted me to stop at every station. Thankfully it went back to normal after that. No idea why that happened.

4. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Some sort of blitz going on in Northern California also. Every jump scale and scale that’s usually not open, was open today with 2-3 commercial cops hanging out.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    LS friend of mine said it was Trooper City up near Jacksonville today. Trucks stopped all over.

6. thedouble

thedouble Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The triad
    Arkansas and Tennessee yesterday

RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  7. BM 58

BM 58 Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I was stopped twice for a level one last week in Texas.

RussianBearTruckeR and Bumper Thank this.
  8. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    I can confirm small temp scale near Shasta on 299 was open with 3 DOTs sitting there

9. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    For the last week to 10 days I've gotten the pull in unless closed almost every time. Most were closed, so it worked out. Only got bypass 2 or 3 times and they were closed anyway

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Sounds to me like they're really getting their money's worth out of this gawd awful system. I guess it's the Prepass trucks that I see bypassing the scales and not us lowly Drivewyze customers.

11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    What's the point of a loves offering 24/7 roadside if their shop isn't actually 24/7?

Enroute to my final on this 2700 mile load when one of my drives decided to explode. Sounded like a huge explosion went off, and nearly gave me a heart attack. Pulled over to assess the damage and found a inner tire wobbly and flat. There was a loves just 5 miles further so decided to head in only to find the shop closed but their 24/7 sign still on. It was 240am when this happened and roadside gave me an eta for 530am for the next available tech.

Managed to get a parking spot right infront of the shop. Another driver pulled out while I was on the phone.

This throws my load off as well as mess with my next one.

Really hoping it's the tire and not the rim. Tire has good thread still and shows no damage on it at all. The explosion sound I heard is the same one given off when a rim pulls away from the tire.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted