Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Load is butternut squash, not chilled in a cooler but right off the dock. Shaffer's load info said 52° continuous. Customer says 34-36°. And I haven't done my load call because I haven't received confirmation that they changed the temp in the system...which is fine because chilling down hot produce has to be done gradually so I don't freeze the top layers while the bottom is still warm. So after 9 of my 10 hour break, it's down to 42°. Maybe this load will be down to temp by the time I unload.

And this is gonna be a nasty cleanout. When I was in putting my load locks on the load, there were flies everywhere in the trailer. I may have a trailer load of dead or dormant flies when I am empty.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Here's hoping they have a quick way of unloading me. These guys didn't even use pallets to load my trailer. They just pushed the product on the floor all the way to the nose. So that means they have to break each bundle and then restack them all unless they have a way of dragging them out.

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I’m thinking the end result is always the same.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    That would be a great running report if that load was check at, say, any California AG station and they red tagged the trailer right there after inspecting it.

6. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Here's a new one they now want us to assist unloading? For free! I have a bad back and last I checked it was no touch freight wtf 20220627_161345.jpg

Speed_Drums and Rugerfan Thank this.
  7. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Just msg your dispatcher saying you will not br assisting unloading due to medical reasons.

8. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Amazon fresh is wierd that way also. Warehouse in ft worth will unload for you but the one in dallas gives you a pallet hack and makes you do it they say they can be fited for going into your trailer

Lonesome and RussianBearTruckeR Thank this.
  9. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Already did called and finding out what exactly this entails but hopefully this isn't the new norm free physical labor from us to break backs

navypoppop Thanks this.
  10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    If it’s built into the rate, that portion should be passed on to you. If not, well…they shall commence with sand pounding.

11. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I've helped there if it's in Boone,IA. It accounts to pulling a sheet of cardboard from in between the double stacked cereal as they unstacked them and put on pallets. Not a big deal, and you get paid a little, can't remember how much. It speeds up the process too. If it's not cereal, I've never had to help.

48Packard Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.