Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Thought of applying for LTL just to try it but p&d also has its bit of horror stories as well. I mostly would just be interested in line haul.

Only place near me that seems to be hiring is Saia. Need to get closer to Dallas/Ft worth to open up line haul with the other big names.

48Packard and Old_n_gray Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Saia is a pain in the butt. Putting it lightly. They have driver facing and forward facing cameras. If you like being coached on how you drive Saia is for you.

4. Old_n_gray

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Don't do P and D then. Line haul is where it's at. All nights though.

navypoppop and newbietrucker91 Thank this.
  5. Old_n_gray

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    If you can live closer to the Dallas area I would highly recommend Old Dominion

navypoppop and newbietrucker91 Thank this.
  6. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    ABF or OD is the way to go for linehaul or P & D. ABF is Teamster job and OD is not but they are the best companies out there for linehaul driving. You will surely work nights until seniority works for you to get a day run usually. The pay is great and so are the benefits as compared to most OTR jobs.

7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I swear, the Op's department of this company would #### up a wet dream. Yesterday, they had it set up so a specific driver would bring his empty to Marietta, and I would hook up to it, then go pick up a load to t'call back in Marietta. When he got here, I sent in a message that I had hooked to the empty so they could assign it to my truck. I got no reply. This morning, I try to verify that this trailer has been assigned to my truck so I don't get the 'trailer not available' message when I get to the shipper. Op's is now saying that this trailer is assigned to another truck, and not the truck that brought it in. I said 'switch it', it was set up yesterday for me to do all this so I can get a load home and contemplate my future with the company and in trucking in general. So I have the trailer, I have the load info, I was told to do this shag with this trailer...and I am not unhooking from it to give it up to someone else. I try to be calm and polite with these people because I know they're even more short staffed over the holiday weekend than normal. But it seems as though the only way they get the point is by being a total a'hole...why does it have to be that way? I would rather work as a partner with them so things go smoothly, not be an irate prick.

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Just go load it. Who gives a rip what the computer says.

9. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Agreed. What are they gonna do? Tell him to go back, unload and give the trailer to the other driver? Once it's loaded, issue is settled.

Rugerfan, xlsdraw, 48Packard and 2 others Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    But, the system won't let me do an arrival, load call or t'call once I get it back here if the trailer isn't assigned to my truck. Without the system, I don't get paid, and therefore would be doing this for free, like so much else we do without compensation. Honestly, with crap like this always going on, it is making the option of retirement from trucking easier by the week.

11. RangerMelB

RangerMelB Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2022
    Eastern Kansas
    I haven't driven for Schneider since 08 and I still have bad dreams about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.