Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    SSB, Good luck with your new company. Hopefully, they treat you right and pay you what you are owed. Looking forward to the new adventure!

supersnackbar and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Have you been reading this thread???

Gearjammin' Penguin and kylefitzy Thank this.
  4. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Welcome to open deck and get yourself a nice set of knee pads :). Hopefully it’ll be something you enjoy doing…at least you can say goodbye to 2 am appointments.

5. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Guess it's my turn in the "screwed up dispatch" hot seat now.

Been a screwed up week. Last week was better than perfect so I guess I was due..lol

Last week, got a load that picked up outside Baltimore MD going to SEATAC area. Picked up on Sunday the 3rd. Delivered Saturday the 9th of July. 157 d/h and 2789 loaded. Went off without a hitch! That's the last good thing...lol

Made my delivery and pickup for next ld, same customer, going to Boise right in same door. Loaded way early. Ld was 515 miles for live unld Monday night. Talk about sloooow freight. Wasn't too happy about that. Got to Boise Saturday night. Sat all day Sunday and most of Monday. Made delivery Monday night.

Next load picked up Teusday morning in Boise as well (different customer though. No same dock p/u sadly) going to Cheyenne WY for 0700 live unld on Thursday. 737 miles. Got to Cheyenne around noon on Wednesday. Took time to do laundry and shower.

Came back out to the truck around 1500 to a message asking me to drop my ld at the terminal, grab an mt and run to Greeley to grab a late load. Load had a drop window 11am Teusday
    To 0800 Wednesday going to Temple TX for Friday 0430. No way I was going to make that dlv with the time left on my 14. Told them ok but won't make ontime delivery. They said no problem, just get far as you can and we'll try to find a swap.

I drop my ldd trl, run to Walmart to grab an mt. None available at the terminal. Get it washed, fueled and get to Greeley. Load was ACTUALLY preloaded for a change.. I grab it and start running. Got to Denver by 1930. No parking in the truckstops so dipped into the bomb crater drop lot for my 10h break.

Thursday morning I start busting ### for Temple. Plan is to make Quanah TX and take 10h or see if they can find a swap driver to meet me there. I get out of Denver before sunrise, get out past Limon and on to us287.

Got to Hugo at 0800 and blew a trl tire. Called in to breakdown, they call T/A Limon for a service call. Limon says tire guy will be there 90 minutes. It's 20 miles away.

Ha!

Tire guy shows up 1300. Took this idiot 90m to change the tire. I will be polite and not go into the apparent iq of said individual except to say it was mid 2 digits... I start rolling at 1430 and figure on making Amarillo by end of 14h day.

By this time I'm stressed. Pissed etc. Asked dispatch if they'd found a swap driver yet. Nope, no swap. Just keep going and theyd work on a resched. Decided Instead of parking at one of the Amarillo truckstops, I'd stop at Big Texan steakhouse and stress eat a ###### good steak...lol. I like that Big Texan has overnight parking for trucks. Got in there with 4 minutes left on my 14.

Friday I grab fuel at the J in Amarillo, start heading on towards Temple. I get an appt set msg for 1600. No problem, I said I would b there by 1430. I get 25m out from Temple, I get another appointment reset for Saturday 0830.. asked my AM why the reset. Got no reply. Definitely not happy!

I dip into the loves 8 miles from my delivery at 1500. Spent 15h on break.rolled in to make my delivery. It went well, bit slow. 0830 appt and I was out by 1115.

While I'm getting unloaded, get a load offer. D/h both ends Dallas to Indy for Monday with a 24h drop window. My pickup drop was scheduled to be ldd and rdy to roll by 0900.

I get unldd, get my next ld info. Things changed. Drop p/u still shows preloaded by 0900 today but delivery is changed to live unload 2200 Monday night. More slow freight.

I head out, get my rfr fueled and washed out. Get my shipper. Guess what!

CLOSED!

I check with the guard, who has all the paperwork. Nope, my load wasn't preloaded, there's half a dozen empties in the yard. He looked up my load and said it was scheduled for yesterday morning live load even though all we do is d/h here.

Somebody dropped the ball.

So here I sit til 0530 tmw morning. Hope I get detention pay but somehow, I bet they'll deny it as it was a "drop pickup"

7/3 - 7/9 2946 paid miles.
    7/9-7/16 2222 paid miles with multiple delays, slow dispatch, breakdown.

Feast or famine!

6. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Will be back in Galveston Sunday morning and will be rushing back to my truck in San Antonio to see what kind of load they have set for me.

Still need to find an empty reefer in the area.

Kinda glad I'm set to go back out on another cruise 6 weeks later cause I'm already feeling stressed and I'm not even back in the truck yet. :confused:

JoeyJunk and TruckerLlew Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Do you have the Peoplenet app on your phone? I used it a lot to see if they sent me anything.

newbietrucker91 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I just hope they take as good care of me after orientation as they are just getting me there. So far they have exceeded expectations...much better start than Creaffer

9. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    I do but I always sign out on home time and I stop receiving msg when signed out.

10. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    You could of sold that fertilizer to pedo Peter and said it's a present from Ukraine

Itsbrokeagain, Bumper and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Was stuck at Lincoln for tractor repair a few mew swift Schneider and cr England and may trucking newcomers some with trainers some in orientation still with safety mike ... had a driver tell me lenoir has been letting mechanics off early or telling them to stay home cause there's not enough work there? Every trailer I pick up including the 840's have a r1 t2 attached to them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.