Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    The rest of the South are all like "...and the horse you rode in on...!" ;)

650cat425, kemosabi49 and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And then this summer, after our 3rd or 4th hurricane, they'll be like. :laughing-guffaw:

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    To illustrate how much of a difference being able to force up/downshifts makes. My truck quit allowing me to force shift a week ago (of driving time, not counting hometime)...my average speed on my Nag-a-gator has dropped 2 mph for the month, without any increase or decrease in MPGs.

Even thought I lost the ability to force shifts, I have also lost e-coast(thankfully), but it still cuts the cruise back near the top of hills, or on mild downgrades after reaching the top, but not back up to the set speed (where the e-coast would usually kick in)....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    650cat425 and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I couldn't have been more wrong about those storms in TX and OK causing an increase in demand for deliveries, at least not yet. Got empty and pulled into the Love's off of 370 west of St. Louis, got the last parking spot, bobtails double and triple stacked, and got an unfamiliar message, 'looking for a load for you'...

650cat425, Lonesome and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That Loves is horrible with bobtails. All those warehouses around. Now I understand they need places to go also but sheesh. More than a few at any given time could park a little more considerately.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Live loading at Bud-Dummer (because drinking it doesn't make you wiser) headed to Sioux Falls, SD for tomorrow. They want it at 0400, but there is no possible way, I am sitting in the staging area waiting for my door to open up so I can back in and get loaded and my 14 is wasting away.

mushroom1464 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You know, when you're having one of those days and you're in a grumpy mood...then you meet someone who is having a worse 'one of those days', then it helps puts things in perspective. I got to Budweiser, checked in, they gave me a door...that had a truck in it already. After getting the plants text msg about backing in that same door 4 or 5 times, I sent the 'stop' msg, forcing a human being to call. When I told them that there was a truck, number ###, from the XYZ trucking company currently occupying that door, all he could say is, 'he has been done, he should be out of there already', like it was my job to tell him to move. They, then sent me to another door...which had another truck from that same company in it, but he had his hood up. I finally flagged down a loader who was putting a gladhand lock on a trailer, and told him what was up..and they sent a supervisor out to move the 1st truck. Once backed in, I struck up a convo with the driver of truck number 2...and this is where my day was put in perspective. Turns out, he locked himself out, didn't have a spare key hidden away, his phone died, and there isn't any public phones available for him to call his company...and they don't have 24/7 dispatch, so once he does find a phone, he has to call the boss at home. We did everything we could do to unlock it. Including him crawling thru the open sidebox all the way under the bunk trying to get the bed to unlatch without success (he had it open to get his straps out when he shut the door and didn't realize it was locked). I hated to leave him on his own, but they got me loaded and needed me to check out and go. My day could've been much, much worse.

9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @supersnackbar i meant to ask you this week and I forgot. I was boomin around Kansas last week haulin salt around to different K-DOT’s. One night I was cruising down I-70 on the way to Colby at about 72 mph and a Crete truck passed me. Not an O/O, a company truck. Red Freight Shaker with Crete/ Shaffer on the side. Are some trucks turned up? Or is this like a longevity or safety bonus? No accidents or “X” amount of miles without an incident they turn the truck up? Or was this perhaps a driver taking his rig to the diesel doctor? He didn’t ease on by either, he went around at a pretty decent clip.

650cat425 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    He must have had it Doctored, our trucks, even for the special 'A' list drivers, are governed to 62/65 mph

650cat425 and motocross25 Thank this.
  11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Special “A” list??? That must include you. :confused:

mushroom1464, Lonesome and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.