Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    No... dedicated me took all my chains off the rack and put them inside the cab on the passenger floorboard. It moved 120 lbs forward. Couple that with the 50 or so lbs of fuel I burned before getting to the scale, I got thru it. Although, they made me sit...and sit....and sit. I finally had to use the force...

Obi Wan Kenobi 23022021170338.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Hometown there. Pretty much everybody’s retirement dream involved moving to Florida.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Made it to my consignee without getting an overweight ticket

tumblr_inline_net8dkjCQe1rx77hs540.gif

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Then back to Leonard's in Wilmington for some more monkey-chow headed for Gas City, IN for Saturday. Although I checked in at the same Leonard's cross dock as I did before, but now they have me headed for another location a couple miles away to live load it instead.

*Update, I thought the one Leonard's cross dock was a rough ### mud pit...this alternate location is 10x worse, and the lot is so small, you have to step out into the road to change your mind. Barely enough room to swing a 53' in and line up to back in. But they are quick at loading...must be paid by the load and not by the hour.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, I was gonna sing a country song called :headbang: 'Bananas and beer'...it would have went 'bananas and beer, bananas and beer, we sure haul a lot of, bananas and beer' :headbang:...but they took me off my next beer load that picked up tomorrow and delivered in CT on Monday. Instead, they put me on a load that picks up down by Richmond IN(not sure what it is) going to Mira Loma CA for sometime next week. I can't get it there before Wednesday, even Thursday would work so I could squeeze in a 34. If things continue like they are, I will have my bonus miles for the quarter by mid March. Imagine how many miles I'd have if I could run the speed limit in every state instead of putzing around at 65.

Lonesome, 650cat425, Rugerfan and 2 others Thank this.
  7. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    As long as you don't come up to Scranton and crash with your next load of monkey chow then you may need to sing 30,000 pounds of bananas!

650cat425 and gentleroger Thank this.
  8. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah but all that fuel you’re saving helps them pay you that fat bonus...

650cat425 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Speaking of fuel savings. My load from IN to Cali...9600 lbs(9 pallets). Won't even know I have anything in the fridge.

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Woke up this morning in E.St. Louis to pouring rain and a couple rumbles of thunder for the last day of February...been a hell of a month weather wise. Blizzards and ice storms in TX and OK, tornadoes in FL and GA, now pouring rain and thunder in IL/MO...although, my truck and trailer did need a rinse job. I was planning on hitting a truck wash after hitting all the melting schmutz coming out of SD earlier this week, then the mud bog of the Leonard's yards, plus the driver who dropped this trailer before I got it must have come out of some of the blizzard areas the way it looked...at least now with the natural rinse, it won't look so nasty until I find time for a Beacon visit.

Speed_Drums and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.