Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    looks like clean air certified...doesn't mean squat in New York

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This royally blows. 1 good week, then right back into the toilet. Got all my empty trailer moves done by early Monday, then around 14:30 I get a load, doesn't pick up until after 7 pm in Laurinburg...deliver in Orlando Weds, then go home until called. A 920 mile week. Why doesn't Moore just fold and save us all the tortured hope that they might pull it out...

4. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Are you certain its not just a slow time :scratch:
    I've sat 6 out of the last 13 days ( approx. )

:dontknow:

5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Wow...Daseke owns a lot of companies
    • Smokey Point Distributing – SPD was founded in 1979, offering aviation-related and time-sensitive cargo transportation featuring flatbeds, flatbed stretches, single drop, double drop RGN, double drop stretches, lowboy RGN, flatbed retractable curtain, step-deck retractable curtain, low profile step-deck retractable curtain trailers. Smokey Point also offers a significant asset light trucking brokerage service.[39]
    • E. W. Wylie – Founded in 1938, specializing in high-value and over-dimensional freight with their fleet of flatbed and step-deck trailers.[39]
    • J. Grady Randolph – Founded in 1935, specializing in carrying over-dimensional flatbed cargo.[3][39]
    • Central Oregon Truck Company – Founded in 1992, Central Oregon Truck Company offers logistical services, long haul regional and services throughout the U.S. and Canada via their fleet of company owned open and retractable curtained flatbed trailers.[39]
    • The Boyd Companies – Founded in 1956, Boyd Companies is made up of Boyd Bros. Transportation, WTI Transport, Mid Seven Transportation and Boyd Logistics.[39]
      • Boyd Bros. Transportation - Founded in 1956, Boyd Bros. Transportation specializes in high volume, time-sensitive flatbed services throughout the eastern two-thirds of the United States.
      • WTI Transport - Founded in 1989, WTI is primarily an owner operator fleet focused in the transportation of roofing, building materials, aluminum, iron and steel.[40]
      • Mid Seven Transportation - Founded in 1947, is an open-deck carrier specializing in the transportation of machinery, steel and building materials throughout the contiguous 48 states.[41]
      • Boyd Logistics - Founded in 2000, Boyd Logistics offers shippers a trucking network for supply chain management and represents several thousand carriers and trucking companies across the U.S.[42]
    • Lone Star Transportation – Founded in 1988, Lone Star specializes in time-sensitive transportation of aerospace parts, renewable energy (wind turbines and blades), building and construction materials, heavy equipment and large logistical projects.[9][39]
    • Bulldog Hiway Express – Founded in 1959, Bulldog Hiway specializes in intermodal port deliveries and heavy hauls with loads reaching 180,000 pounds with an emphasis on the automotive and energy sectors, including wind, solar and nuclear power via 48’ 102’ flatbeds, 2-axle and 1-axle step decks and extendable RGN.[27][39]
    • Hornady Transportation - Founded in 1928, Hornady is company that supports the building products and steel industries via tractors and flatbed trailers.[39][43]
    • Big Freight Systems - Founded in 1948, Big Freight Systems is a Canadian company that is a full-service provider of transportation, logistics and warehousing. Big Freight Systems covers all Canadian provinces and regularly services clients in 19 U.S. states.[44]
    • The Schilli Companies - Founded in 1961, The Schilli Companies consist of four companies, including Schilli Transportation Services; Schilli Specialized; Schilli Distribution Services; and Schilli National Lease, a member of National Lease. They operate warehouses and distribution centers located throughout the Eastern half of the United States. [45]
    • The Steelman Companies - Founded in 1991, The Steelman Companies, which includes Group One Inc., carry a diverse freight mix throughout North America. They handle standard flatbed freight, over-dimensional loads, and specialized equipment, and offer brokerage and logistics services [46]
    • The Roadmaster Group - The Roadmaster Group’s Tri-State Motor Transit Co. — the oldest munitions transporter in the United States and the crown jewel in The Roadmaster Group’s family - dates back to 1931. Now, The Roadmaster Group is one of the largest arms, ammunition and explosives, or AA&E, hauling company in the United States[47].
    • TSH & Co. - Founded in 1977, TSH & Co. includes Alabama Carriers Inc. and Fleet Movers Inc., has more than 1,100 trucks under its authority. Combined, they are one of the largest flatbed haulers in the region, hauling primarily steel and industrial materials[48][49][50].
    • Moore Freight Service, Inc. - Founded in 2001, Moore Freight Service, Inc is based in Mascot, Tennessee and specialize in hauling glass[51].
    • Aveda Transportation and Energy Services- Aveda was incorporated in 1994 as a private company to serve the oil and gas industry. Aveda is one of the largest providers of specialized transportation services and equipment required for the exploration, development and production of petroleum resources in the U.S. and Canada. Its services focus on the specialized hauling of large oil rigs and worksite equipment.[52]
    • Builders Transportation Co. - Builders operates a fleet of more than 300 company trucks and nearly 500 spread-axle trailers, hauling mostly in the eastern two-thirds of the United States. The company is solely focused on traditional flatbed operations through the 48 contiguous states, hauling coil steel, wire products, structural and sheet steel, aluminum products, building materials, cast iron, steel pipe and machinery. [53]

seawind, tucker, Bumper and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If there was a "busy" time prior to this, I would say it's just the holiday...but since coming back from my wrist deal, it's been 1 good week, 4 bad weeks. And that's like that for most of the drivers I've spoken to here. I was in Mascot yesterday and there are so many empty trucks sitting there, you almost couldn't do a u-turn in the yard...and when I tried to pull the new trailer I picked up out of it's parking spot, I was almost unable to get out from all the empty trailers that were end parked past the end of the row. Kinda looks like a Pilot during a blizzard.

28 Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They're up to 27 or 28 companies now...guess we're the red-headed step child of the group.

JoeyJunk and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The other bad thing about this load, it delivers 7/3 in Orlando...Laurinburg to Orlando takes you right thru Daytona...during race week festivities. Guess their is some out of route miles in my future...#### if I am dealing with that just to save a few bucks in fuel.

Lonesome, drvrtech77 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    What are Wylie drivers averaging salary wise?

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Glass division will start me at .61/mi, and they're moving loads better than us, and have better equipment. Plus, they're already set up to haul general freight when/if things slow down for them. Here, they're just getting started with a little general freight. A friend was sent to pick up aluminum ingots yesterday. Fortunately for him, he has hauled them before, so securement was easy. There are a fair number of drivers over here that have been hauling glass most of their career and wouldn't have a clue how to secure a load like that.

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I don’t even know what an aluminum ingot is....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.