Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Theyll wait for you to leave first

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Maybe, that would be my luck. Perhaps that's why the boss didn't try to block me if I decided to go to Wylie. Maybe he knows something we don't know about our future

4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I'll sit around if that's all they have for me but I'm guaranteed 1000 dollars minimum a week so if they're only going to give me 800 miles for 7 days I'll just save those miles for next week rather than pointlessly running them for free before Saturday night when my appt time is Tuesday.

This week I'll be getting paid about a dollar a mile because I don't believe I broke 1000. Then next week I'll have 800 before Tuesday starts.

It seems to me that they would save money just asking drivers to go home if they want time off rather than having everyone out here short on miles and sitting at truckstops.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I wish we had a guaranteed minimum..

6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I'm wondering how long that guaranteed pay will last if it stays slow like this. Also not as many drivers will quit so eventually they'll have to decide what to do with us if it stays slow but some drivers are already quitting. I was told that some of the drivers switched to Wylie but I don't know why since I didn't talk to any of them. That's just what I heard.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got unloaded Monday. The receiver decided to put the 5 am truck in the bay at 2:30, and I got there (with a 3 am appt) at 2:40. It all worked out and I was still unloaded and gone by 7. Enroute to Spring Hill, they sent me a load going to the Montreal area for 10 Thursday. Round trip up there and back is over 2600 miles, and I will have that complete by Saturday night (if they send me back to Spring Hill), ready for a load Sunday morning.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I have to admit i love being on salary. Makes slow days a lot less stressful.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Salary would be nice, especially in specialized freight like glass AND during an inevitable economic slowdown.

Bumper Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am still amazed at how durable glass is when it's in racks. The rolling rack load I am hauling includes 8 packs of 1/8" glass. Coming across parts of MO, IL and MI there are some nasty attempts at fixing the roads, that has only made it rougher. I got to Benton Harbor this afternoon, and inspected my load...and I have the same number of pieces of glass I left Spring Hill with.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Benton Harbor.....a nice place for a short visit.....

mitrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.