Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    In the mood I am in after seeing this weeks paycheck, I wouldn't hesitate to remove it with my hammer or just remove the gladhand(lock and all) and leave the ####ing trailer there and bobtail home for my hometime.

Bumper and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Ah... the old Snackbar arises.....

In all seriousness... I hope things straighten out soon....

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got unloaded in a couple hours and made it home in one day. This whole last tour of duty has me considering another change to either the way I run or the company I run for. I spent 72 days on the road, and after the last 4 weeks of it (the pay for these 4 weeks only ended up being the equivalent of 3 average weeks) I can only afford to take 4 days off because of the way our payroll and delivery scheduling works out. Honestly, I am considering doing something I really wanted to avoid, but may have to in order to get away from a type of freight that is mostly Monday thru Friday deliveries...I may have to go back to pulling a box...probably refrigerated freight. I love open deck, but even open deck general freight doesn't deliver on the weekend the majority of the time, and most are live unload which restricts the option of making revenue to 5 days per pay period. Honestly, I need to be able to deliver on the weekend or drop/hook on either end more often. There is just way too much down time doing this for the pay rate.

Bumper and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Why reefer over dry van ? ...to me reefer seems like more work , 24hr odd delivery times and grocery warehouse foolishness

Western flyer and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. HoChoSen

HoChoSen Bobtail Member

May 21, 2017
    Houston, Tx
    What about food grade tanker? Theirs a few not to far from your neck of the woods.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That's a common misconception, my experience with reefer freight appointments really wasn't all that different than my dry van deliveries. I saw a whole lot of grocery warehouses on both. With a reefer you can haul most dry van loads thus doubling your options when freight slows during a recession. With dry van you can't pull temp controlled, so you're stuck...plus most paper mills won't load a reefer, I would rather go to a grocery warehouse than a papermill.

Aamcotrans, ncmickey and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Closest is around Lakeland I believe, that's about 120 miles away or so..not sure I want to be a tanker yanker anyway unless I get so fed up with OTR that I give up and be a local gas hauler

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This Wylie merger is turning out to be a real gong show as predicted. We seem to be getting the crap runs their drivers don't want. And now, I didn't get paid my border crossing pay for that Newfoundland load. Last week, my DM contacted payroll about it and they said they have to have our VP look into it...and this week when he asked about an update on it, they won't respond to him. We're talking $50...it's not like we're asking for a weeks pay. I told him until they get their head out of where ever it's stuck, don't send me to Canada.

TokyoJoe, Rugerfan, 88 Alpha and 5 others Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Did a round trip from Laurinburg to southern Ohio and back. Got here this morning and now it's the waiting game.

Hearing some scuttlebutt about some bigtime changes coming towards the end of the year for the drivers here. By what it sounds like, they're waiting for the seasonal slow season to start adapting everyone to the Wylie way, that way they have plenty of drivers to cover the glass freight when a bunch tell them to pound sand and leave. Not a surprise if it happens, many of us expected a gradual switch over time so they could keep up with the trickle of drivers that didn't want to do things the Wylie way... We shall see, but it is sounding like the good times at Moore will never return.

Lonesome, drvrtech77 and Western flyer Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I see Maverick is scrapping some of their old Schneider glass trailers in Laurinburg. These are at a scrap yard between the plant and our shop

IMG_20190913_113523~2.jpg

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.