Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Are those a pain in the ### to open because they are bent, rusted and corroded? Or just a garbage design?

I saw one guy spend over an hour trying to get his remote control ezroll trailer closed one day in the same amount of time that I tarped both of my a frames on a step deck. It kept getting jammed somewhere and he couldn't find where it was getting stuck then the remote stopped etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's a combination between a pisspoor design and lack of maintenance. All the overhead frames roll forward, then downhill towards the nose. With a lack of lubing, you can use your whole bodyweight trying to pull them back uphill without them budging. And some of our EZ-Rolls dont have ICC bumpers, so getting on the back deck to open the doors is an adventure since they don't issue us ladders, and there is no way to climb up from the side.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Another day, another issue with the Peoplenet ELD. It decided that it can't find the OBC and GPS on the ELD side.(it finds GPS satellites if you go into the info tab from the system screen). It is truely maddening to think an ELD system with this many issues got DOT approval.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  5. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    They are self certified DOT doesnt have anything to do with that part till they inspect you andits not correct then they step in

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The customer up here in Owatonna already has so much snow piled up in various spots on their lot, they are using a front end loader to put it in dump trucks to haul it away to some unknown remote location.

Had fun trying to get rolling out of Albert Lea this a.m. My inner voice told me to move my truck around the other day after it snowed, then rained, then freezing rained, then snowed again, but I didn't listen. Went to leave and I was frozen to the ground so bad, my mDrive wouldn't break me free. (It wasn't the trailer brakes stuck...my drives wouldn't turn either). Ended up using my truck's and trailer's dump valves alternately with my parking brakes on both to use the suspension geometry to break myself loose. The guy 2 spots over from me was convinced it was his brakes, so he was under his truck pounding his butt off trying to break them loose. I tried to tell him, stuck tractor brakes will break free with a little engine power...but I guess he wanted to get cold and dirty. After a few minutes of working my air and brakes, I was rolling...he was still under his truck with a hairdryer.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Dropped my empty EZroll back in Spring Hill, and to be honest, that was the 1st EZroll I have pulled that actually worked like it should, easy open, easy close. Had to wait until almost 1700 for my DM to call the next day to get my next load. After my joyful experience with Champlain the last time, I told him no more Canada. But...he called on orders from one of the OP's bosses in Fargo asking if there was any way they could talk me into going to St. Augustin, QC. Told him that since they're not open on the weekend, it would be Monday before I could deliver, and it would cost him a minimum 2 days layover on top of the mileage pay...right at 1700, I got my load info. Kinda felt empowering to be able to make Fargo have to take a step down from the ivory tower and ask instead of ordering, even if it was only one notch.

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, it ain't happened yet. With the payroll snafu's of late, one might wonder.....

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Very true. Talking to other drivers here lately...I'm not the only one with payroll issues. One driver found out that they were skimming miles off of the empty side of round trip loads. He went back thru all his paystubs since they took us over and found a bunch of round trip loads that weren't paid the same miles coming back as they did going out.

Now they want us to fill out a Wylie application, sign a release for a DAC and background check, and a couple drivers said they got a release that has something to do with 'the fair credit act'...like they're checking drivers credit. I haven't seen it yet, so I have to go by what their saying...but I'll be ###### if they're gonna go that direction with me. My credit is my business, not my assimilated employer's business.

10. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Your DAC report is considered the same as your credit report. Laws and regulations for your credit report also govern your DAC report.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.