Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Probably not a touch screen for the computer, or all the extra gauges (like suspension pressure and brake pressures), probably not a Bose ride seat or premium audio, or enough 12v outlets that are off the battery instead of the key. (I have 3 outlets on my dash, 1 is off the battery, so everything is running off of 1 with a splitter(cooler, gps, phone/headset charger). And I bet it won't come with that cool refrigerated drawer under the passenger seat that Volvo offers.

Vic Firth, Bumper and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This isn't one of our trucks, but this is what happens when glass haulers have product refused...

Notice how much flex there is when they start pushing each lite. Actually, the guy that is up there removing the foam padding could have easily pushed the last piece off the trailer.

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Been a rough month. 2 breakdowns and one of the slowest months I have ever seen in all my years...but, I am still not unhappy here simply because there is good money to be made here once business picks up. Unless I get a short load on Monday that delivers by the end of business on Tuesday, I had 1 load this week +2 days in the shop...and a $30 or $35 load pay.

Delivered a mixed load in Butler PA last Friday morning, 1/2 pack glass, 1/2 rack glass. Then picked up return racks at the same place (same bay, so I got paid a load fee and never started the truck) that is headed back to Church Hill. They sometimes ship glass on racks (different from the rolling racks that go in our dry vans.) Hauling return racks sometimes requires us to disassemble the A-frames on our single drop or flatbeds. Since my delivery load was 1/2 racks already, the rear A-frame had been disassembled by the loaders at the plant, and all I had to do is remove the bottom feet of the front A-frame to fit some of the racks on sideways...but, picking up a rack return load means I had to play "real flatbedder" securing them, but hey, at least I was pulling a single drop with a Conestoga tarp, so I didn't have to schlep, unroll and tie down regular tarps.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    4mer trucker and runningman0661 Thank this.
  5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We have been really slow here in the LA area too. Which has worked out ok for me since I am in the middle of a family emergency and needing the time away. My older brother passed unexpectedly on Feb 3.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    ####...sorry to hear that.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    20180224_123020-1-1.jpg

The Anthem daycab looks so generic in white

mitrucker Thanks this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Don’t they all though?

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Very true

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Just wondering, why wouldn't they do that with a big roll off dumpster next to it? Or into a pit of some sorts? looks like quite the mess to clean.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.