Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Not PC but an excellent way to retain drivers....

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    The way things appear there she would be a busy lady

Bumper and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Time to show my arse a bit. These yutz's put me on a 275 mi run for 6 a.m. The same guy that got bumped ahead of me on New Years (and put on a better load) got put on a 700+ mi run. His load is sitting here ready...mine isn't. And he busts glass on a semi-regular basis. My load was finally ready at midnite...picked it up, and I have 1 marker light out. Here is where I show my butt...I called breakdown and said 'send road service, I refuse to move this defective trailer off the property'...they want to castrate my truck, kill my idle so I can't even inflate a tire, cut my dang miles and give me crap runs...I'll be G.D. if I am gonna do a dang thing to make them any richer...F Wylie and F the greedy ######## at Daseke!!!!!! They pushed the instant a-hole button and pooof, an instant a'hole appears. If they were doing everything they could to take care of us, I wouldn't hesitate to replace the light myself...but after all the stuff they pulled...sorry.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  5. Skootlez

Skootlez Light Load Member

May 19, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    And this, my friends, is what we like to call the “F*** IT” Button.

6. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    If you remember the movie Office Space, I believe they have just taken your stapler...

TokyoJoe and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Did a run from Laurinburg to Louisville and back. Got to Laurinburg Saturday morning and now I get the whole weekend off. There were loads there, and only a few Wy-Moore trucks there...but nothing for me. That's 2 1300 mile weeks back to back.

The guy that they kept bumping ahead of me since New Years ran out to Olive Branch MS for Thursday, then they routed him to Spring Hill to pick up a load to SLC. When I spoke to him Friday morning, he was trying to figure out how to get out of going out there. He msg me in the afternoon saying he talked his way out of the load, he convinced them it was too bad to travel...but he had until Monday...and the storm was way east of KC by Saturday noon. That's what ticks me off...he breaks glass on a monthly basis, refuses loads, and insists on doing a restart when his hours get under 20 and will have to run recap...but they keep dumping good long loads on him and crapping on us guys that are doing anything they needed without a peep (until recently that is). When I heard what he did, and I hadn't gotten anything by 16:30 on Fri, I warned my DM to expect more freight claims and refused loads....since the other guy gets the crap run out of him and that's how he operates, it's time to change strategies.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  8. Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    Sounds like someone's getting played the favorite.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Either that or they're running him harder to make up for the cost of the freight claims.

A friend was in Mascot over the weekend. He ran into 2 Wylie drivers (real Wylie not transformed Moore drivers). They are there for glass training...but wait...we don't have enough glass to keep the existing drivers busy, but they're training more people? They were regular flatbed drivers being retrained. One was all in love with Wylie, the other was like us Moore drivers, counting the days until he could tell them to shove it. They also both said that they heard that Mascot is being turned into just a drop yard, which is pretty silly since that yard is so far off the beaten path, that it wouldn't make sense to use for that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    88 Alpha, Lonesome and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  10. Itsbrokeagain

May 31, 2019
    Sounds like good ol management in my place. Logical solution? That's ridiculous. This plan over here that makes no sense at all? Full steam ahead!!

That may be true about them running him harder due to all the broken product he's creating. But it's a win win for him, he gets paid either way. If they stopped paying him for broken glass loads I'm sure he'd be in the same boat as you.

11. Itsbrokeagain

May 31, 2019
    Do they ever have scenarios where a trucker would 'hit off' his broker with a few bucks or a cut of his $ to ensure getting more loads to run?

We had that happen in dealerships all the time. The favored techs would cut the dispatcher an extra $50-100 a week and lo and behold, suddenly that tech would get all the gravy customer pay work, and make 60-80 hours billed for the week, while the rest of us sat around and made 30 if we were lucky.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.