Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This delivery might be a problem with these retarded Wylie trailers.

Here is how they secure it

IMG_20200122_083910.jpg IMG_20200122_083900.jpg IMG_20200122_084117.jpg

@TokyoJoe will probably see the potential issue. For the rest, the problem is, some customer's crane bays back you in close to a wall on one side or the other (or both). With these Wylie trailers, you have to unspool the winches to release the glass...but you can't unsecure the glass then back in. If you're within a foot of the wall, you can't get to the winches to unspool the straps(especially on a single drop like this. You'd have to crawl on your hands and knees under the trailer on a glass covered bay floor). Ahhh the joys of Wylie glass hauling :(

ncmickey, Lonesome and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucker4life

trucker4life Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2007
    What is hometime like at Moore? Weekends or every 2 weeks? Thanks

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's E.W. Wylie now...Moore Freight is gone. Most of us are out at least 4 weeks. I stay out 6-8 weeks. Wylie's policy is 1 day off for every week out. They did have a east regional fleet for a while, but it vanished in 2019. Wylie was talking about starting it back up again, but I haven't heard if they have or not.

Lonesome and trucker4life Thank this.
  5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    SSB ... with all the changes..since Wylie took over ... I'm surprised your still there

Bumper Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Wanted to get thru the holidays. When I went to work at Magnum it was Thanksgiving, and it disrupted our whole holiday season. I swore I would never do that again. Plus, my wife has a minor outpatient procedure to get done, and would have had it completed had they not screwed up our insurance coverage. Now that they have it corrected she has an appointment for early February, so I can get our taxes done, be home for her doctors visit and to make my plans for exit...if a job I like becomes available. Right now a lot of the adverts I am seeing are from lease purchase companies, 1099 companies or companies that don't offer insurance. I am chomping at the bit to get away from these people, but it may be spring before I find some place I feel comfortable moving to. I want this to be one of the last times I change jobs.(I thought that this was the last time, but....)

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Sadly, a company can go from gold to goose crap with one single change. A buyout, a change of CEO, anything. That's why I keep my ear to the ground even though I hope to be at FXF as long as I can.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    As expected, this customer's crane bay was a PITA for this Wylie single drop. 1st, I had to unsecure all my glass in front of the bay, then hunt down ratchet straps that didn't quite hook securely...they hooked just enough to get backed in. Then, once I dropped the trailer so they could close the bay door, I opened the conestoga only to have the receiver tell me to hook back up and move forward some(he backed me in and told me to stop the 1st time)...these trailers are loaded differently than Moore's trailers, and he couldn't reach the back glass. So, I moved forward until the front half of the trailer was out the door. But when I was moving the conestoga back open, one of the frames came completely off both tracks. But the one good thing about hanging out the door in 30 degree weather, he hurried up and got me empty because everybody in the production areas was on his butt about how cold it was in there with the door open.

TokyoJoe and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's blatantly obvious how Wylie feels about us assimilated Moore drivers being here. On more than one occasion, we are given a crappy load or made to sit when purebread Wylie drivers are given the cake runs and kept moving. Yesterday, when they told me my new appt time for the Secaucus load that loaded late...I asked them (nicely) to make a decision on which way I was headed once empty, since it would be about midnite when I got empty. That way, I could get a headstart on getting back. Nothing was decided...was told to head towards Harrisburg, and wait for Mascot, don't go past Harrisburg. I talked to a Wylie driver at the customer last night that was unloading after me and he was told yesterday, before Mascot went home, to head back to Church Hill. I didn't find out that I was headed back there until late morning today, and after I started pressing. I am not the only Moore guy experiencing this favoritism, I talk to drivers all the time that say the same thing. It's almost like they want us to quit.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    A buyout,
    A change of CEO,
    Lose 1 big customer,
    I've never seen any of thee above benefit the driver.
    It's always downhill after any of them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.