Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I think you’ll find it’s much better once you get use to the fact it’s no longer Moore.
    Takeovers sucks, been through a few of them..

dwells40 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    So far I am not impressed with them in any way. Pretty much everything they've done has to be redone at least once because it gets screwed up. And by the way many of the Wylie drivers talk, that's S.O.P. with them, so who knows how they keep drivers.

4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I have never had any issues with them. asking a truck driver to whine is easy, just ask them. Lol

5. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Lol. And what exactly did he think you were doing with them before?

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    A lot of us weren't running hard enough to worry about hours. I have had horrific miles recently. Run a load, do a 34, run a load, do a 34.

Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  7. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Run a load do a 34?

Hey that's my schedule lately.

It seems that way to me too most of the time and my company didn't even get bought out (yet).

I think that ever since this company decided to pay minimum pay to everybody it hurts the drivers that stay out for months because loads are always required for drivers coming off hometime with 0 miles for the week.

I actually know that this is true because everytime I go home now I always get a 1000+ mile load starting out but then never get another one for weeks but always after hometime. I start out on Tuesday after hometime and despite this I still usually have a better first week than second because of the load I get to start has good miles and everything after it sucks.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They must still need glass haulers over there. A friend saw an ad for Maverick glass division out of the Knoxville area last week

9. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    The only reason they'd need more drivers is because they have empty trucks because a lot of the drivers have quit, the miles are garbage lately.

I left home before January started and I'm averaging about 1600 miles a week. Sat idling for 2 of the past 3 weekends because there wasn't a load in Church Hill or Geneva or Carlisle or Laurinburg or Rossford. I was probably too far away to get a load anywhere else.

We don't get anything like layover pay so if we sit around for days at Laurinburg it's 100% on us. One time I got to Laurinburg, sat 3 days waiting for a load then my FM and the head glass division guy started calling me because I didn't get a truck wash in 3 weeks (but I was on hometime for 2 of the weeks). I told them if I got a load and got the hell out of there I'd get the truck washed if there was a truck wash on my route but I wasn't going to drive 100 miles round-trip just so they'd feel that my truck was going to be any cleaner while sitting waiting for a load in their mud lot.

Lonesome, drvrtech77 and Itsbrokeagain Thank this.
  10. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    I'd have been real quick to message right back to that op manager that I ain't the one wasting hours.

Sheesh, honestly, wtf do they think we do out here?

baha Thanks this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    They'd hate me at Maverick then...I think I have washed my truck once since the Wylie assimilation in Oct. At this point, I keep the inside clean...screw the outside. Our dropyards look more like the lunar surface than a glass hauling place, and when it rains, they closely resemble a mudbog or a swamp buggy course.

TokyoJoe, Itsbrokeagain and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.