Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Might be a early Spring Going Out of Business Sale...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I was just next to a former Moore driver who was pulling one of the Wylie conestogas for the first time. They were loading 4 jumbos and 3 of the smaller stoces on it and neither the loaders or the driver had any idea how to make it work.

I was the guy waiting for that to end so they could get to me. I waited for at least 3 hours. I think they had to move the glass around but I gave up standing around with everybody acting weird with the coronapocalypse going on and all.

I think they just went with making it fit and worry about the scales later.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Which plant was this at?

If the driver would have talked to Mascot, they would have told him that there are small markings on the inside of the glass frames on the deck showing where to place jumbos, and the smaller glass is just centered over the front and back 3 feet (there are 6 feet on a Wylie DD). I did my 1st Wylie trailer live load a few weeks ago, and it didn't take much to figure out.

Itsbrokeagain and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    One positive thing the beer flu has caused...Love's is doing an improved job cleaning their shower rooms and restroom facilities.

6. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    That was at Carleton. They loaded it pretty much how you said too but I think they also weren't sure which side to put the extra piece of glass since there were 3 but they ended up putting it towards the back on the passenger side and the total weight was only 42k so it probably didn't matter.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The way they recommend is nose heavy on the drivers side, tail heavy on the passenger side. I live loaded 11 at Decatur. 7 were 108-144 1/4", and the rest were 96-130 5mm. I stopped them from nose loading me heavy on both sides and I was close to balanced on my axles. Another, more experienced Moore driver, loaded just before me with the same load, but let them load it how they thought they should and was heavy enough he couldn't fuel all the way full without being over on the drives...but he was also driving one of those heavy arse Anthems.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    In my 1st 20 months here, I live loaded 2 times. Tomorrow, I live load in Decatur for the 2nd time this week, and the 4th time in 3 weeks. Although, for March, with the economy going in the tank from the beer flu, I have been surprisingly busy. We did, however, get a disturbing message from Wylie HQ AND from the CEO at Daseke saying "we will weather the storm" and "we have resources that will allow us to survive the challenging times ahead". The reason it is disturbing is, this whole Corona virus is just getting started over here on this side of the pond, and they already feel the need to reassure us...I'm not looking forward to the next 6 months in this industry.

Lonesome, rachi and dwells40 Thank this.
  9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I have no idea where all that glass goes to.
    But haven't seen any construction sites shut
    Down yet.
    There still out there working.
    You got any dry vans.

With amazon and every other online retailer
    Orders doubling in the past month.
    There gonna need a boatload more trucks to move it.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Mostly just 45' vans with holes in the floor for chain blank pullouts to tie down rolling rack loads.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  11. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Western Flyer your not joking about amazon loads. Mu wife has amazon prime and I had her order some stuff for me last night and the estimated delivery is next friday

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.