Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Here is a section of the presser about Daseke further reducing it's fleet size that @Aamcotrans mentiond earlier (you might have to zoom in on the images...the screenshot came out kinda small)

Screenshot_20200412-075222__01__01.jpg

And this might be part of the reason why

Screenshot_20200412-075201__01.jpg

Rugerfan and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I would call that little blurb ( high driver pay compared to previous year) a monster red flag. They obviously consider drivers a fungible commodity. I think your plans to exit asap are wise.

4. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    And that so called "Operational Improvement Plan" likely includes telling drivers that they have no legitimate reason to be using PC whenever they are obviously actually PCing.

It probably also includes ways to cut out things like detention and layover pay in the future as well.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Have you ever thought about going back to Crete?

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I think part of phase 2 might include more Daseke involvement in freight acquisitions and contract negotiations. A friend saw a COTC pulling a plain-jane conestoga with just a larger than normal Daseke logo. Plus, the fueling network went from individual company networks and discounts to a Daseke wide network with less options (they eliminate any use of T/A-Petro, Ambest, or any independent fuel locations without calling operations and getting the location blocking turned off temporarily). They also want us to use the Love's/Speedco system for necessary PM services if we can't get it done at a company shop. Not sure if that means all on-road repairs have to be done thru Love's or the Flying Pilot shops or just PM's.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Crete, no. I have entertained the possibility of Shaffer, but don't know if I could stand opti-idle and forced fueling solutions again after having an APU truck and freedom of choice. I mean, I endured the '08 recession as a Crete driver and came out o.k., they're totally debt free and are a financially solid company, but if I filled out an online app, the warning sirens in Tonn's office would probably sound and I would be blocked from ever visiting their website again.

8. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I have that now, previous poster said his new 2021 has driver facing camera. I won’t drive with a camera looking at me

48Packard Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have to say, the one positive about this beer flu house restriction deal, it makes going thru D.C. so much easier. Went thru there Sunday afternoon, no slowdowns other than interchanges. Came back thru there yesterday morning around 9 or 10, same thing. In almost 28 years of trucking, I don't ever remember being able to do that.

I got to my customer in central MD Sunday night, just in case they sent me up to Carlisle to live load. Seems as though they only send me there when I DON'T preplan my hours so I have time to live load there.(yes, I said I didn't want to live load any more, but with the way glass freight is right now, you have to be happy to turn any miles you can get...live load or not). I picked the wrong customer to not be in a hurry to wake up and be ready to unload. I had a 0600 appt. I was gonna get up, have my coffee made and take down my curtains by 530-545...at 515, just after pushing the start button on my coffee maker, 'knock knock knock' and 'we are ready for you to back in'. To heck with my coffee... After I got empty, I just returned to Laurinburg instead of Carlisle, which works for me. Now I'm sitting here in Laurinburg and hoping this plant stays busy for a while. There is a little light at the end of the beer flu tunnel, actually talking about starting to open things up a bit in the not-so-distant future. Let's hope they don't overdue it and send us into round 2 of the flu.

10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I just drove down 90 to 290/294 through Chicago to 80E through Indiana at about 4-5pm. Less traffic than driving through somewhere like Richmond VA at lunchtime during a non coronapocalypse situation.

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have to say, Guardian Glass has their #### together when it comes to loading. Instead of picking up a load out of Laurinburg, they had me grab an empty Wylie flatbed and head to the Guardian plant in Galax, VA for a live load going to TX. I should have said 'no live loads' earlier. Since then, all the live loads I have been offered have been 1000-1300 mile runs, that are timed right. Had a 20:00 load time, was sitting in the lot, loaded and secured by 22:30...and this was on a Wylie flatbed that has some weird hanging brackets and winch strap pivot mechanisms I have never used before, so it took me a few adjustments to figure it out.

TokyoJoe and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.