Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Good deal...you would have cleaned truck out at Crete...and left it at terminal

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    parish the thought...unless it's a newer model Pinnacle that is getting an APU that is.

shoot, when I was at Crete and took 2 weeks off vacation they were tempted to pull my truck, it took the Deland terminal manager to convince them not too.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    JoeyJunk, Bumper and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Talked to a couple of my co-workers today and if what they told me is true, it's very disappointing news about my beloved company. They said that Moore is going to start doing things similar to Maverick on their flat and single drop trailers in regards to freight. Instead of empty backhauls, they are going to start doing more A-frame teardowns and backhauling general freight, which means fighting the mounts to remove racks, storing racks and in some cases, they're going to start pulling trailers w/o conestogas, just a double hump tarp setup like Maverick has. Which means my future might be limited. With my wrist like it is, I can do what we do now, but if I have to schlep tarps on/off the load or on/off the trailer deck to store them, I'm not sure it could take much of that. I know they're just trying to stay profitable, but part of the appeal of working here was the limited loading and tarp handling. I hope they were misinformed.

tucker, Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  5. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Man that sucks. I hope they are wrong.

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Rumors Schmumers….

mushroom1464 Thanks this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    One of the guys said he saw a couple trailers that have already been converted. And the other hauled a A-frame-less single drop to a Cardinal glass plant to live load a rack load.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  8. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Things like this happen when your company gets bought by the largest open deck company in the industry. Gotta tighten the purse strings, can’t be running all those empty miles.

Bumper Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When things were busier, they found that the time drivers were spending picking up and delivering non-glass loads were actually less profitable than deadheading back and picking up another high paying glass load. But, glass hauling isn't like it use to be. Maverick has appearantly underbid us, so they are getting more loads than they use to, so we aren't as busy as we usually are. That'll bite them in the butt in the long run because they weren't keeping up with the loads they had when the busy season was at it's peak last year, so we'll get it back. Plus, Moore is paying more for layover now, so moving something lessens the losses of not moving glass, hopefully this is a short term change...there are plenty of better general freight options out there unless they're gonna increase the miles we run. I wish they'd go the way of one of Daseke's other companies did. Smokey Point Distribution out west went to a salary plus productivity bonus system. If we did that, down time wouldn't hurt the drivers.

10. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Agreed, on the salary with incentives. I talked to a driver yesterday morning in SLC who drives for Shipex, he loves their set up. Says he is headed home for 4 days off, and will be getting paid taking his home time. He said with his base salary and incentives he made $71K last year.

Lonesome and Bumper Thank this.
  11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I started following a thread called
    Running With Shipex

Lonesome, runningman0661 and ncmickey Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.