Solution for trucks sitting at the fuel island

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I only drove for 15 months and right out of the gate I dealt with this bs at our tiny little 2 pump station in the village I ran out of I fueled at .

Nothing more than Laziness and inconsideration . There were days I had to fuel out otr that I felt guilty taking on a 150 because of the lines behind me.

But that’s 2/3 the population,Uncaring and selfish. And it can harden you and you don’t want to give in and become one of them.

Leave them a little treat in their side boxes being their sooo special.

Stuff it way back in there though soo they don’t find it until Christmas.

Fish remains and shrimp work nicely.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    99% agree 1% goes to those hauling doubles triples sometimes hard find a parking spot aside from that they all should parking it elsewhere. Had too many times to count got stuck behind someone decided he wanted to get the big meal with large fries and large drink to bring truck before he left, I had hope he would choke on it preferably after he moves the truck.

KB3MMX, nredfor88, tommymonza and 2 others Thank this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I haul doubles, and I make SURE I'm not putting anyone out when I sit at the pump, and I pull forward so people can get behind me. My issue doesn't need to be everyone's issue.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    KB3MMX, bzinger, Grumppy and 3 others Thank this.
  5. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    So a truck is parked in the fuel island ... Let's keep it there even longer by booting it and waiting for a driver to come up with $200 ... brilliant!

7. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    So what would you have them do? Put a wrecker on standby in the lot so they could tow it out of the way?

I think the point is for then NOT to have to boot anyone.

its called an “implied control” they only got to do it a few times and mysteriously the problem corrects itself.
    Believe me the cashier at the store don’t want to put it on and have argue with a driver any more than most want the boot on there truck.

alds, KB3MMX, nredfor88 and 10 others Thank this.
  8. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    I’d love it if people would just pull up to the yellow line. I can back out of the pumps (thank God for no trailer). 6-10 minutes I’ve fueled, washed my windshield, checked my load securement, and I’m gone.

KB3MMX, D.Tibbitt, tommymonza and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    Finally! It's so good to see someone actually enforcing their own parking rules. Much better than the idiotic overhead announcement to be "courteous to other drivers" at most stops. A few of these boots and word will go out. I only wish Little America was in my fuel network so I could stop there.

It just occurred to me, in some rare fit of reasonable behavior, that perhaps the new drivers are not being trained that the fuel island is not a parking area. Could this be the problem? Do the trainers need to be told to include this in their training regimen? Could these violators be parking out of pure ignorance? Should truckstops install signs at the entrance to the pumps advising maximum parking times in the fuel lanes?

KB3MMX, bzinger and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Buckeyes614

Buckeyes614 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    This is why I'm starting to believe truckers IQ is no more than 50, in one hand we're always crying and complaining about how we're treated like crap and unappreciated while in the other hand we welcome and applaud stuff like these thats designed to take our 35cent a mile pennies from our pockets and into the pockets of these owners of these truck stops, this is getting very sad. Wont be long before we welcome and get happy about truckstops locking drivers in showers for going over 5mins over their 30min showers and are told to pay 50$.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.