sometimes its better to drive on......

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by MR SLEEPY, Feb 9, 2007.

1. MR SLEEPY

MR SLEEPY Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I remember one time about 10 years ago, I was up in Pa, and had to pick up a load out in the country just S/E of pittsburg.
    it was a hilly area and I was m/t. and fixen to get a good heavy load.
    it was rough getting up and down the hills M/T, but I finaly made it.
    While I was there waiting, I met a driver that was driving a old Cab Over. He got loaded before me and was wondering what the best way would be to get back to the big road, I told him to head back down to I-70.
    About 15 minutes after he took off, I was loaded and on my way, I came up on a P/up truck and he shouted to me on the radio and told me there was a truck broke down at the bottom of the next hill. I thanked him and proceded.
    I came up over the hill and there at the bottom was the guy that was in the cab over, I tried to reach him on the radio and he didn't answer, So I pull up beside his truck and asked him if he was broke down, He said,
    NO I'M NOT BROKE DOWN, I COULDN'T GET UP THE HILL.

I looked up the hill and said Ol ####. I made about three trips up the hill and there was a curve to the right and a straight drop off. I fiqured I would get over in that loose snow and might be able to get some traction. Didn't work and I got stuck about half way up.
    The ol boy in the cab over turned his radio on and I was shooting the bull with him and here comes a couple salt shaker's and they completly cover the hill with salt, Except where I am at. after a few minutes the cab over dude say's he is going to give it a try. He takes off and is on his way.
    I'm stuck and start talking to this feller on a base station, And he calls my company and they can't find anyone to come to my rescue.
    there was already about a foot of snow on the ground and I start watching my TV and they report that another 12" inches of snow will fall before morning.
    Well I sit there for a couple more hour's and here comes this feller from the PA- Dot in a pickup truck and he said ,WE GOT TO GET YOU OUTTA HERE, YOUR IN THE WRONG LANE AND IF SOMEONE COMES OVER THAT HILL, THERE GOING TO HIT YOU.
    So he gets on the radio and before to long here comes another salt shaker and they get some shovels out and cover up the ground under my trk,
    after a few minutes, I am on my way. a lesson learned, The hard way.SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO DRIVE ON..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.