Starting Schneider National Dedicated Flex Fleet

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by vipie1992, Dec 21, 2020.

1. vipie1992

vipie1992 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Northwest Louisiana
    The trucks are still governed at 65 but if you have relatively newer drive tires with a lot of tread depth, they will go 66/67. I think 65 assumes the bare minimum tread depth.

As for Schwan's, yes its the same thing out of Salina. But yes you'd also have to comply with what Schneider wants if that means using a cpap.

Opus Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I think the team trucks will do 67

vipie1992 Thanks this.
  4. vipie1992

Dec 21, 2020
    Northwest Louisiana
    Team trucks get PasSmart which let's them go faster than 65 for 20mins per day

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    My point is that I'm 23 years old in great health. I've had no history of sleep related problems, and i know the symptoms of sleep apnea. I've gotten a pair of DOT medical certificates that have been clear for 2 years each. But when some 3rd party company that you've never heard of calls you and your dispatcher and says you'll be placed out of service within a certain window unless you get tested, and base that off of some 10 minute questionnaire that i did 3 months prior that i forgot about, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Mega carrier scams at its finest.

My overall experience with Schneider was positive. Both DM's i had out of Green Bay were fantastic, but the other mega carrier qualms brought the whole experience down. I eeked it out for 6 months and ran for the hills.

Savor the Flavor and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. dwells40

dwells40 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2017

7. dwells40

Oct 15, 2017
    I also didn't hate Schneider till a few months in! I got the have to have a sleep study bs and left instead!

cdavis188 Thanks this.
  8. dwells40

Oct 15, 2017
    Once I was told I need to sign a agreement for a cpap, that I had never been tested for! I couldn't park that truck fast enough!!

Savor the Flavor and cdavis188 Thank this.
  9. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    The International I'm currently in runs 68 according to the GPS when the cruise is set to 65. The downside is I really have to watch the speed to keep from triggering an over-speed warning if it gets over 70 for more than a few seconds. I usually just set the cruise at 63, but it's nice for passing.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    I'm sure they'd have you fill it out again. They just got around to looking at mine that I submitted when I started nearly 9 months ago and told me I needed a sleep study based on my height and weight. I told them I've lost 20 pounds since I filled in that questionnaire, which is absolutely true, and they said that put me under the threshold and now I no longer need it.

Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. vipie1992

Dec 21, 2020
    Northwest Louisiana
    been almost a year since i last posted. i'm still here.

in the past year i've worked the following accounts: metrie, schwan's pennsylvania, home depot kentucky, walmart london, dollar general janesville, walmart sterling, syndicate sales, lowes pennsylvania, home depot kansas city, and now master halco kansas city. good times. finally drove my truck further west than colorado, and i had a quick adventure out to arizona and california before heading back to the central usa.

i also decided to start using my "hometime" to travel the world and attend concerts. i have now been to canada, iceland, denmark, sweden, and new zealand. japan and antarctica are on the horizon as i've found my wanderlust to be insatiable. i've come to realize that the time management skills i've acquired via trucking are also incredibly useful when planning vacations and knowing how to maximize my time in different places.

NDF switched to hourly from salary. i get paid more now on hourly than i did on salary so i'm happy with it. there is now an incentive to grind for more hours, and the ability to make quite a hefty check if you're on an account that can run all 70 hours in a week, and also have your 4 week stay-out bonus. i've been having a hard time breaking out of my salary-efficiency mindset though. when you're on salary there is an incentive to do your work as efficiently and quickly as possible so you have more time to chill later. i didn't want to waste any more time than i have to and i like to get it done asap. however, on hourly pay there is more incentive to take your time doing things to maximize your clock. i tried that, but i start to feel anxious when i think i'm being inefficient, so i've just continued to be extremely efficient with my time and hope that someone somewhere notices lmao.

if anyone ever has any questions about NDF or any of the accounts i've worked don't hesitate to reply in this thread. i'll get an email notification and eventually reply if i can.

yall stay safe out there and be kind

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.