Starting with Roehl in February

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RoseWild, Oct 14, 2016.

1. lost2008

lost2008 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Ladysmith, WI
    rose sorry for what your going through...
    On a side note I passed my CDL test on friday with 6 points on the Drive 1 point on backing and 82 on pretrip!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lost2008

lost2008 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Ladysmith, WI
    Rose sorry for your bad news God willing all will get better...
    On another note I passed my CDL test on Friday with only 6 points on the Drive, 1 point on my Backing, and 82 on pretrip.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    So sorry to hear that, RoseWild. I felt we were traveling this OTR together. I hope you get some good news soon.

I start my training in the morning so will be going through the physical part at that time. Hopefully everything will be OK. For both of us.

6. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    Day 1. busy. weight, height, heart rate, blood pressure, squat under trailer twice, climb on back of trailer once, pull 120lbs, push 100lbs, carry 30lbs 80ft, carry 70lbs 80 feet, pull down 80lbs twice, lift 30lbs stomach to shoulder twice, lift 50lbs stomach to shoulder twice, lift tarp (unknown weight but heavy) stomach to shoulder twice. walk a beam out and back. After each event had heart rate measured. can't be over 220-age. peices of cake. then fill out company paperwork, lots,. discussion on completing logs. drove truck on lot, no throttle, changing up and down through gears 1 to 6, double declutching, introduced to prevent trip inspection.

Long day, tired, homework .

PizzaGuy805 Thanks this.
  7. PizzaGuy805

PizzaGuy805 Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2016
    SE Wisconsin
    Exactly the kind of details I've been looking for regarding Roehl's testing. Thanks so much!

8. IR0ND0G

IR0ND0G Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Thanks for details. I am 13 days post op with my new left hip and way ahead of schedule with rehab. I was worried about the squats, but after hearing what the test at Roehl is and physical therapy today, I am no longer worried about it for January. Please share any physical test details you can if there are any others.

9. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    The "squats" are actually just crouching down under a trailer and reading a notice stuck to the tire. then repeating.

I was surprised at my BP which is usually in the low 120s but read 138. must've been anxious. but I was still in range. my heart rate never got above 112 . So no other surprises

bigred81 Thanks this.
  10. lost2008

lost2008 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Ladysmith, WI
    @Picinisco the tarp that you are refering to weighs 70#s which is half the weight of our Old lumber tarps and about 2/3 the weight of the newer lumber tarps nothing hard about the whole physical, but wait for the actual tests then it gets fun lol I just finished mine on 18NOV16

11. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    Day 2. Studied the Pre Trip Inspection last night. Spent an hour and a half this morning doing one with my instructor. There is a lot to know and memorize, very necessary for the CDL test. I expect to be doing this every morning until I can do it by rote. this afternoon got my first on road driving a tractor and 40 ft trailer. Drove 30 miles. Scary. Double clutching 10 speeds. Left turns and right turns. And of course keeping an accurate log book.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  12. Picinisco

Picinisco Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Gilbert, AZ
    Day 3. Pre trip. 1 hour. still using cheat sheet. started reversing. back on road. drove 40 miles. left turns, right turns. hill start. ended by driving truck and trailer back to the depot through town. very tense. lots of gear grinding. lots of missed gears, lots of of bumpy stops. but less than yesterday .

TheAussieGuy Thanks this.
  13. IR0ND0G

IR0ND0G Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Thanks for posts, keep them coming if you have time.

• Truckers Report Jobs