Stewart Candy Distribution: 4 day work weeks?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Zonno, May 14, 2023.

1. Zonno

Zonno Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Stewart-...?jk=0bb1a65bbb5c483f&start=0&clearPrefilter=1

A delivery company in Blackshear (Waycross) GA, the job description claims drivers will only work 4 day per week. I’ve actually seen their trucks on the road and at various stores from time to time, and they have day-cabs, so I’m pretty positive it’s a local job where the driver is home every night. Though I imagine there’s not much home time during the work week. It’s hard to imagine earning a good paycheck in only 4 days, but I love the thought of having a 3 day weekend. Does anyone know anything about this company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Delivery Drivers deliver all product to stores and unload their trucks at each stop. They are required to lift up to 50 lb totes repeatedly throughout the day. This job presents growth opportunities.
    • 4 day work week. Home on weekends.
    • Dedicated routes.
    • Starting pay $1400/week + overtime + bonus opportunities.
    • Candidates are subject to a background check and drug screening prior to employment. Candidates must also have their CDL Class A and 7 year MVR.
    • Sign on bonus is as follows; $500 for successful onboarding. $500 when the supervisor determines you can take a route on your own. $1000 after taking routes on your own successfully for 60 days.

Zonno Thanks this.
  4. Zonno

Zonno Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Yes that’s the job description. I was wondering if anyone on here has worked there or knows someone who has. Which is probably a long shot considering this company only has one location. And with a population of 13,759, Waycross is not a huge city (Blackshear is only 3,537).

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Looks like a pretty good job if you're willing to work. If you're a youngish man, I'd say go for it

Speedy356 and Zonno Thank this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    My grandmother worked in the candy dept. at Boston Store. My ex-MIL worked in the candy dept. at Sears, we ALWAYS had candy. Candiholics, we were, with half of our 32 teeth remaining. I don't think that would be the best job for me,,,,"shipment short again? Well, I'll be darned",,

gentleroger Thanks this.
  7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Sounds like a sweet deal to me!

8. just_s0me_Guy

just_s0me_Guy Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2022
    that’s down the road from me

interesting. imma apply and see what happens

Zonno Thanks this.
  9. Zonno

Zonno Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Please keep us updated. It’s supposed to be right off Hwy 84, just north of Waycross.

just_s0me_Guy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.