STOP TAKING CHEAP FREIGHT YOU IDIOTS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by wildcoyote, May 30, 2022.

1. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
    You are still going to have to get the load count up or more loaded miles. Especially right now. The market is softening and I don’t see a hot shot averaging 4 dollars a loaded mile. I will concede that I’m not up to date with what that segment is doing, but I just don’t see it.

you now have 3.15 for your operating cost on 75,000 miles. If you bumped that to 100,000 miles you would be at 2.36. Probably closer to 2.50, but I’m too lazy to do the math.

Another Canadian driver and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wildcoyote

wildcoyote Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Michigan
    Nope, you write that check to yourself and you own it. On a single-member LLC, you can choose to w-2 or pass through, either way, it ends up the same. Please refer to an accountant for more details. The difference is when the taxes are paid to the guberments (yes, that is intentional spelling.)

4. wildcoyote

Apr 20, 2014
    Michigan
    No, that is for 90k miles. 75k of which are loaded.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    i’ve got 3 accountants.
    All trucking professionals, same office building, same floor.
    I pay myself, leave rest in business account and don’t touch it, it pays only business needs.

I’m single member llc taxes as S corp.
    Used to have another driver, but he got in bad shape with diabetes and high blood pressure and had to quit driving.
    I’ve sold two trucks and still have two, one i keep as a spare that’s also Apportioned tagged.

6. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Same principle. 75 loaded 90 overall or 100 loaded and 120 overall. Either way you’re part timing it. There is no reason you aren’t running 10k miles a month.

having workers comp is definitely a drain. Can you not get occupational accident instead?

7. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I think it is good that you have a handle on expenses, but I suspect that with the market slowing one had better learn how to survive with a bit less per mile until things correct themselves. The market will not go below a profitable level for long.

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Adios Amigos

Here’s you a “write off” expand your fleet.

9. wildcoyote

Apr 20, 2014
    Michigan
    You are correct 50 hours a week is part time. This is not aimed for me, it's for the others that don't know. I make plenty, I'm a hotshot with a 53 step pulling light semi loads and concentrating on od. I also have other businesses that provide me with income.

Mind you, I work close to 120 hrs a week amongst all of them, yes the math shows less than 8, but 4.5 is the sweet spot. If you get my hint. I wish I had 40 hrs a day, I could accomplish so much more.

10. wildcoyote

Apr 20, 2014
    Michigan
    Yeah, go work in the shop and tell the brokers I'm at my other job unless you pay this.

11. wildcoyote

Apr 20, 2014
    Michigan
    I need workers comp for other business, it only costs 300 a year for trucking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.