Stranded by company out of state with no money

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Binkylynne, Jun 26, 2017.

1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Who owns the truck?

I'm guessing it's leased from somewhere.

You said the company isn't answering the phones. Penske, PacLease, Dailmer, VFS etc., one of them probably owns the truck. Get in touch with them and let them know the situation. You can drop the truck where it is or they can help you to get it where it needs to go and to get you home.

Worth looking into anyway.

edit, read the thread again and they are answering the phone. They aren't paying for a room and can't pay for fuel. Tell them you'll try to return truck to owner.

Airborne and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    My B/S detector probably would've started going off by day 3, or whenever I discovered the fuel card turned off.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    They changed the law in 2012, we can now legally log off duty in the driver seat of a commercial parked vehicle. Means we can take our 10 hour resets right in the front seat off duty.

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

the guy doesnt have a job most likely, and your riding the HOS like he blatantly told us he breaks the law everyday.... wtf? he said nothing about hos. his issue is getting home.

6. Binkylynne

Binkylynne Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Thank-you for the info. I will try that.

7. Binkylynne

Jun 26, 2017
    I do have someone and she has been over there no one is around everything locked up tight and no power. I can only reach my "boss" on his private cell, when he answers.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. Binkylynne

Jun 26, 2017
    Yes I do. And this is a real post. I will definatley check that out.

Airborne Thanks this.
  9. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    his new home is Daytona! All his mail is being forwarded after 9 day's lmao

not4hire and tucker Thank this.
  10. Fatmando

Fatmando Medium Load Member

May 14, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I know someone in Daytona Beach who may be able to put you up for a while. He's in Poland, at the moment, and he is putting someone else up in his place, right now - you'd likely have to share space, but it's cheaper than a motel... if he goes for it. To try to make it happen, I'll need a private communications channel; preferably telephone. My friend in Daytona Beach is not a truck driver.

That aside, you absolutely should be looking for another job. Whatever happens at this place, you should not ever work for them again. Frankly, if you see any of their office staff or dispatchers at a future job/potential job, you should probably head the opposite direction. They have already demonstrated a willingness to screw you over, and it won't matter what carrier they are working for, when they do it. They can only be who they are, and they sent you across the country in a daycab, without telling you that they were going broke. Don't let them tell you that they didn't know; if they're still working, then their paychecks are still clearing the bank.

11. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    so may I ask if the owner is Lee or Jeff kreager?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.