stupidest thing u have done or seen a rookie do?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Freebird135, May 29, 2009.

1. dgarrett0008

dgarrett0008 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Riverdale, Georgia
    well you stall it twice at the same light. A stall is a stall

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    hahahahaha yea first time i was goin to the street the i stopped at the red light, light turned green and i just let off the clutch way too fast.....cussed a few times, started the truck up panicked and did the exact same thing again

im just messin with u man we both had our share of screw ups

4. dgarrett0008

Jun 18, 2009
    Riverdale, Georgia
    No I think I had alot more, but hey in the end we both got it and achieved what we went there for, and didnt have to stay longer than we were supposed to so I guess we did ok!:biggrin_2554:

James j Thanks this.
  5. TheBreeze

TheBreeze Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Mansfield, TX.
    Back in 2000', I had dropped my rig in Seattle and rented a car to go snow skiing in Canada at Whistler for the weekend. Never been to Canada before and was looking forward to it. After I crossed the line I drove a ways and noticed the speed limit said 100. I was like wow... this place is cool. So I opened it up to 100. Man, was I making good time. One thing that I noticed was how courteous and safe the other drivers were. I mean, they would all pull over when I came up behind them and most of them were not even going close to the speed limit like me. I must have gone about 20 miles or so really enjoying my trip when I looked down again at the speedo and noticed in little print right below the big print was kilometers per hour. Then I noticed that 60 MPH was a 100 KPH and I went ooooh %$*#. Needless to say I made really good time. I also was impressed at the .35 cent per gallon fuel (that is until I started pumping by it the Litre). #### that metric crap !

Sam Hell, Longshot64, Ops85 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning

hahahaha good story, i can picture you doin that with "call me the breeze......i keep blowin down the road"(skynyrd) jammin on your stereo

TheBreeze and freebirdrfd Thank this.
  7. curtmann

curtmann Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Kansas City, Mo
    That, my friend, is good s@#$!!!

8. statikuz

statikuz Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Reno Nevada
    Funny story but I don't buy it for one second. ;)

9. MrMustard

MrMustard Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio

That reminds me of that first truckstop when you enter Canada coming out of Detroit on route 3. It's been so long since I've been up there I don't remember the name of the place. The exit ramp is tight, and the suggested speed limit sign says "30." I don't know how many times I went by there and have seen one of us USA drivers laying sideways on that darn ramp because they tried to take it at 30 mph.

10. dgarrett0008

Jun 18, 2009
    Riverdale, Georgia
    :biggrin_25512::biggrin_2554::biggrin_2552:

11. msmspilot

msmspilot Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    North Mississippi
    During training, my wife stalled the truck 5-6 times right in front of the scale house. Our instructor just kept trying to calm her down and said something like "we're going to get pulled in now, but that's ok, just calm down..."

We didn't get pulled in, but 7 months later, we're rolling through a scale house, and she stalled it. We had a good laugh about that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.