Submitting dash cam videos to police department?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Apr 24, 2019.

1. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    In Jersey you can go to the local police station or State Police Barracks with the Aholes tag number and sign a ticket against them. You will be required to show up for court with your video tho.

Not sure what or if any other states allow this, but i know for a fact Jersey does.

tscottme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    While your at it, take some video of all the truckers who go flying by you and run right up behind four wheelers in the hammer lane and tailgate the crap out of them. Might as well include everybody.

88228822 and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  4. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Rat a tat tat

5. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Unless you catch someone displaying an egregious pattern of reckless driving or there is an accident, I don't imagine the police have the time to be interested.

flood Thanks this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Just pass whitehorse in the Yukon, there is a billboard that states, you are now leaving the 911 service area.
    My ex son in law did not like that sign, he ask what happens if we have a wreck, I said die. lol

Dan.S, dwells40 and QuietStorm Thank this.
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    God had a six pack.
    beer-1089957_04f74_hd.jpeg

88228822 Thanks this.
  8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Wont change anything, they can not issue tickets off your dashcam. or at least they wont.

9. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I glad this thread got brought back to life because I forgot to add a comment. I don't harbor any ill will toward law enforcement. In fact, I have several good friends that are cops. I have developed several friends here in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia that are retired DOT officers.

In regard to reporting a cop's idiocy behind the wheel remember these 2 magic things. First responder is one. The other is Emergency. Once a cop invokes either you are almost going to need an act of Congress to change anything. I remember a case several years ago where a cop got a parking ticket. The case was tossed because of the cops first responder status entitled the cop to ignore the no parking signs.

The above is why I am so dang happy cops are now wearing body cams.

stuckinthemud and Lepton1 Thank this.
  10. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Unless the officer was on an emergency call he/she should have gotten the ticket. As a supervisor I used to get on officers all the time about parking in the no parking area out front when they were picking up something at Wal Mart. Unless they were on a shoplifter call etc. officers should park out in the parking lot like everyone else...I did..

stuckinthemud and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.