Suicide by truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Shyannesierra, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Shyannesierra

Shyannesierra Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2020
    Omg. We gave money to that dude in Jackson, Mississippi before! I know exactly who you are talking about.

Bud A., Dale thompson, Coffey and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    LOL . Yep hes a scammer . Most ppl that ask for money are. Atleast around truck stops

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    @Shyannesierra, sorry to hear about what your husband is enduring. Hopefully with you by his side he’ll get the help he needs. I don’t know what is worse,the fact that someone used your husband as tool in a cowardly act to their own end, or the fact that it’s happening so often that law enforcement actually has a term for it!!!
    You both have my prayers.

5. Shyannesierra

Jul 10, 2020
    Exactly. The cop was very sympathetic. He said, "i promise you, it's going to be alright" and thats when he told him about the "froggers". I was wondering what the magic number has to be before they fix the fencing or put up signs. Apparently more than a few a month.

6. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    @Shyannesierra, this was a tough thread to read. My wife and my brother-in-law have PTSD. I live with my wife's difficulties every day. People who have not studied or lived with the effects of PTSD have no idea what it involves, and very often have a stereotype of someone who is faking or malingering to avoid responsibility. General Patton slapping a couple of soldiers in field hospitals is maybe the most famous example of the wrong way to go about helping someone who has suffered this kind of severe trauma that leaves no outward marks. Telling someone to man up and get over it doesn't work when it's real PTSD.

On the other hand, I'll admit that it's difficult to deal with sometimes, because it's hard to understand and it can become personal very quickly. I hope your husband is able to find a good therapist to help him through this. There's nothing wrong with you seeking help to understand how to help him and to deal with the stress that this has put on you as well. I can't help you financially right now, since we're underwater ourselves, but I hope I can encourage you and Bobby to keep plugging away. Try to stay focused on the now and stay positive, even if your husband can't.

The best advice I can give you is to see if you can find the very best therapist in the area for PTSD and then work any angle you can to get someone to help you pay for it. Bobby is not going to get better without good help.

You might check into whether there's a local VA that has a PTSD support group for veterans that Bobby can participate in. My wife did not serve in the military, but she went to one such group for a while and says the only people who really understand her are combat veterans. My brother-in-law was a Marine grunt who served in Vietnam. He deals with it by not talking about it and watching funny TV shows and cat videos. And he seems to have improved some -- at least he doesn't start shaking or lay on the ground when he hears a helicopter now like he did back in the 80s when my sister first met him. He will still leave the room if someone tunes the TV to a war movie, though.

7. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Sirscrapntruckalot and Bud A. Thank this.
  8. Shyannesierra

Jul 10, 2020
  9. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Apparently not. He was later taken to the hospital l,where he died of his injuries.

10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    People deal with tragic things in their lives each in their own way. Some people want to die but can't do the deed alone and force others who are unwilling help them.
    Those unwilling participants are the true victims.
    It doesn't matter who you are, what you drive where you go, all that matters is that some mentally impaired individual decided that you would be the "tool" that helps them commit suicide. These are selfish people who cannot understand that their actions can and does cause irreparable harm to some one that was just going about their everyday life with no clue of the hell that they were about to enter. It's a long hard road that you've just been rerouted to and there is no exit ramp. Time will help you recover, but you will never "get over" it. You will always wonder if that person walking on the edge of the road, or standing on a bridge over pass is another "Frogger".
    Telling someone to "man up" and "pull up your boot straps" are at best, statements made by those who have not experienced this most horrible crimes against the innocents. To those that have decided to help this driver and his wife, I thank-you, for those of you that have chastised, ridiculed and just shown how hateful and miss trusting of your fellow human you are I say shame on you.

Shyannesierra Thanks this.
  11. Shyannesierra

Jul 10, 2020

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.