Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    PM me when you get a chance.

I am asking the Mods to move this the support thread

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Hey Mark,

When the tnd tablet updates the Rand apps, is there a way to see the change logs to see what was fixed and updated?

4. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Where are you gonna move it to, India, LOL where all the other support sites are located.

joseph1135 and wulfman75 Thank this.
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The OP started a new thread and I asked that it be moved here.

Thanks,
    mark

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I have to ask.

Thanks,
    mark

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Anybody else having Navi.exe errors on version 3450 on the TND 530/720/730? If so PM me, I have a "beta version" I would like you to test to see if the issue goes away.

Thanks,
    mark

8. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I had some navi.exe errors but none recently. I try to remember to connect and update about once a month. I don't rely on this device but it is a useful addition to Google Maps and Rand Motor Carriers Paper Road Atlas. I have the 530.

The most important thing to me is that I have not lost GPS location. This happens sometimes on my phones and is why I purchased a stand alone GPS device.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The Navi.exe errors showed themselves after release of 3450. In testing we do not get it, but it seems under certain conditions it will show up. Those conditions are the unknown right now.

10. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    If it shows up again I will submit to the beta, but I wouldn't be a good test case right now since it hasn't happened in maybe a month or two.

Every time I turn it on though I get a message with an orange banner stating "a maintenance reminder is below 2000 miles" or something like that. I just cancel it out and ignore it but couldn't find anything in the settings that would be causing it.

11. OriginalBigfoot

OriginalBigfoot Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Off topic, but I scrapped my 520 for the Smart Truck Route app... Best thing I ever did! Ran the two side by side for a month. No more stand alone GPS for me! If I have a problem? Like the brightness wouldn't go low enough on my 10" tablet? They emailed me an .apk file to fix it with a custom background in about 4 hours! Now that's support! The app costs $1/week and updates almost every time I connect to WIFI. Click a button and SEE the receivers building and driveways via satellite... Yeah, the stand alone GPS doesn't compare...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.