Survey on how we can improve truckers' wellbeing

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Felix Carpentier, May 16, 2024.

1. Felix Carpentier

Felix Carpentier Bobtail Member

May 16, 2024
    Dear,

I am Felix Carpentier, bachelorstudent of traffic sciences at the University of Hasselt.

For my bachelor's thesis, in collaboration with IMOB, I am conducting research into measures that can improve the well-being of drivers in freight transport, in order to attract new drivers to the sector and reduce the driver shortage.
    In connection with this research, I have drawn up a survey, for which I am looking for a number of European drivers in the road freight transport sector (truck drivers, parcel deliverers, etc.) who are willing to take the time to complete it.

This survey has been drawn up entirely in English. It would be of great help if you could help me complete my research.

If you would like to complete the survey, you can do so via this link;

Qualtrics Survey | Qualtrics Experience Management

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Felix Carpentier
    Student 3BA Mobility Sciences

NightWind Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Improve wellbeing for truckers..
    Fire them all, all autonomous trucks!!!

4. DixonM

DixonM Light Load Member

May 22, 2022
    No shortage of steering wheel holders just fyi.
    How about bringing back dinners for real food instead of all the fast food joints.
    Parking so easy even a steering wheel holder can pull in and out of so they stop blocking in drivers.
    I am sure more will chime in to help with your research

Felix Carpentier Thanks this.
  5. Blagoje

Blagoje Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2022
    Sheboygan, Wisconsin
    The overwhelming supermajority of restaurants serve food that is no better quality than fast food terms of where it is sourced from and the process by which it gets to the restaurant that serves it.

This is the area of greatest difficulty for me because I am borderline obsessed with finding the highest quality foods I can get to take on the road with me because I know that it is a near impossibility to find things at convenience stores or even most grocery stores that are not tainted in so many ways by the American food supply system.

This may be the core issue of why so many Americans are in poor health and have developed so many different health issues, for truck drivers in particular. I just finished Stephanie Seneff's book Toxic Legacy which goes into extensive detail on how glyphosate specifically is the key contributor to many if not most of the health problems billions of people are facing today. The fact is that glyphosate has permeated our water, air, and soil and therefore has saturated nearly everything in our food supply.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I find Wendy's to be high quality food.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  7. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Personally I don't believe there is a driver shortage. The issue is a lack of pay, benefits and respect which makes drivers leave and job hunt.

Deere hunter, cuzzin it and Peplow Thank this.
  8. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    To the original poster:

I notice from reading your post that you are in Germany, asking for info from EUROPEAN truck drivers, yet it seems that only American drivers are responding to your post. This may be for 2 different reasons:

1) This forum is about 99% American, and the foreign sub-forum only gets about 1 post every 3 months. So, this is not the place to expect any more than maybe a couple dozen people in your driving category to even read.

2) American drivers are a particularly opinionated group, and are quick to offer THEIR opinion to a question that they either have not finished reading, or else their limited literacy levels mean that they just didn't understand who is asked to respond.

I hope you enjoy all the opinions about American truckstops, even though they are of absolutely no use to you. I would suggest finding some European and British drivers forums to find responses you can use. As far as I know, there is only 1 British driver who does continental driving that regularly posts here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.