SUV Flipped By Truck Making Left Turn

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Dec 8, 2017.

1. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    That will result in a nice payout to the SUV driver

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I looked twice, I didn't see a blinker on either the trailer or the mule hanging off the back...I could be wrong, I am watching it on my phone

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    blinker was on. looking mirror would have helped. 4 wheeler yielding to turning truck would have helped.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    I'm on my home computer , pic is good.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    If it impossible to be done any other way, it is legal. That does not give the driver permission to do it without caution, which is what he did here.

7. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    This one actually was the truckers fault. He left the lane opening it up for a legal pass, then didn't look to make sure it was clear as he tried to make a left hand turn from the far right lane. There are much better wats to make that turn. Now, anyone who has driven a decent amount of time has had to make an "illegal" turn at some point because your truck wouldn't fit if you did it legally, but when you have to, how about stopping and making sure it' clear, take 1 lane at a time instead of trying to take the whole road without looking, with traffic all around, in one move

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I don't see how anyone can disagree with you.

9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    If you guys look again the truck never leaves the left lane. He keeps his trailer a good 2 feet inside the lane as he swings wide. And as he is already turning his mirror becomes useless. At that angle the only thing it will show is the side of his trailer. He was well into the process of turning when the suv decided to pass him at a high rate of speed.

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I am going to have to side with the SUV. The truck driver had moved into the right lane and failed to look to see if anyone was coming.

When I was in CDL school. We were taught that you must make the turn from the lane you are in. Nope this was driver error. They should have seen the SUV and waited for them to pass.

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Your cdl school taught you how to pass the road test. In the real world if you never leave your lane to make a turn you cant make turns without tearing down poles and buildings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.