SUV Flipped By Truck Making Left Turn

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Snoopycda

Snoopycda Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Edmonton Ab.
    That doesn't make it legal, of course everything is legal until you get caught, he just got caught.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    So will the lawyers go through the truck driver's ELDs to try to pin something on him? Maybe find out he was speeding 1 mph over 2 miles back, so it becomes HIS fault, just because they can use ELDs to make it his fault?

Yeah, I think ELDs are complete BS.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Absolutely. What will happen is they will determine the driver has a personal habit of speeding everywhere they go and even though their client was stupid enough to get killed and the truck driver was not at fault, the truck driver would have been 300 miles from the location of the fatality crash if they had gone the speed limit the past 5 days.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  5. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    If you're just driving down the road minding your own business and some idiot drunk or texter kills himself under your wagon, the lawyers are going to try to incriminate YOU because they know they can. All they'll do is dig into your ELD records, find out you were speeding a mile an hour over 5 minutes before, and try to get you for manslaughter. ELDs make it possible for you to incriminate yourself. I think that violates the 5th amendment. In other words, ELDs, in my opinion, are unconstitutional.

"Well, if you hadn't been speeding back there, he would have just run off the road and would've lived. If you hadn't been there, he'd be alive. You're going down for manslaughter." Believe it. It could happen to YOU.

6. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    You think they wouldn’t do the same thing with paper logs? Yep, it sounds ridiculous but that’s the way it is. That’s the responsibility we accept when they hand us the keys. Not that I’m innocent. I have broken the speed limit a few (ahem) times, made illegal turns just like the guy in the vid, etc., but at least I would look in the #### mirror before making such a maneuver! When you get complacent, that’s when you get burned.

7. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Left turn on trailer and mule are NOT working. Driver was wandering into the slow lane before the crash. There was indication by his movements that he would attempt a left turn. Four wheeler was wrong trying to pass using the turn lane. Lawyers' hey day right there.

Lepton1 and Roberts450 Thank this.
  8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Watch it again. The left turn on the Moffett is clearly flashing. You miss some because of the shadows, but it is on.

9. bigguns

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I put it up full screen and didn't see it. I'll look again

10. bigguns

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    You got me. Hard to see but it is there for sure.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I did see the forklift light blinking but could not determine if the trailer was too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.