Taking the plunge. My journey as an O/O.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Farmerbob1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Your right. I just re-read it after you posted this. My mistake.

snowwy and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    No. You misunderstood, or I said it badly. The maintenance records do not cost $500. They simply do not provide records with a shop cost less than $500.

EDIT. I responded too quickly. I see it's already been straightened out.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Well, I have been running on an inverted schedule for over a week now, since I had one of the rare 2-stop loads that pop up on the account now and then.

Of course, I had an extra 1.5 days on the load, and the first stop delivered at 4 PM.

Did it. Complained a bit about it, but kept on rolling overnights for a full week. Now I have a cross-country load with plenty of time on it.

Shut down on Monteagle, at the Chinese buffet, 8 hours early. By the time I get to CA, I will be starting my day at 0200 or 0300 like I should.

tucker Thanks this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    There used to be a real nice truck stop up on monteagle. They tore it down and built a wilco that's now a pilot. Progress my ###.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yep and near the entrance to it on the wall there was a hand painted mural of a Kenworth. Monteagle 4x4 drove that truck hauling produce for Antone in Chicago. Below is a story supposedly about the truck in that mural being bought. The guy in this link thinks he bought the actual truck in the mural but he really didn't :D 1977 KW’s first run in 29 years

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    This was the truck painted in the mural.

Screenshot_20190607-003727_Chrome.jpg

8. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Well, I got myself back on the schedule I wanted to be on.

This morning, I woke up at 0300 to a weird tone coming from under my bunk.

Lifted the bunk and took a close look at the inverter for the first time.

I immediately wanted to kick someone in the head for being a moron.

The truck does not have one 1200 watt pure sine wave inverter like I thought.

There are two inverters under the bunk. One is a 1000 watt garbage quality inverter. There is nothing at all connected to it.

The other is a tiny 300 watt sine wave inverter.

That small inverter runs to the UPS battery unit that I use to power my cpap machine, and my laptops when I pull them out.

I suspect I have stressed out that poor little 300 watt sine wave inverter by powering a high power gaming laptop on it's circuit. The battery backup kept the laptop from depowering, but the inverter would have been running full-tilt for hours at a time, trying to keep the batteries charged.

So, since I cannot legally operate a truck if I miss more than 1 day of cpap use out of 10, I can skip tonight, but will have to pull both the garbage inverters and get one that's worth a #### installed.

I was going to take a 34 anyway, after delivery tomorrow, but now I have to spend money on a new inverter as well. I will also be having main batteries and their connections tested, just on the off chance that I am mistaken about what caused the problem.

Frank Burns Thanks this.
  9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I'm sure you know this, but make sure you have them install a breaker between the batteries and inverter.

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I don't know what kind of machine you use but I got a 12v adapter for my Dreamstation Bipap online for around $25. Less drain on your batteries than running it through an inverter. Many online companies offer them for different brands of machines.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    25 smackers is a good price.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.