Taking the plunge. My journey as an O/O.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Farmerbob1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Sine sine everywhere a sine

JoeyJunk and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sine?

JoeyJunk, Farmerbob1 and tucker Thank this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Good idea. There is no breaker installed currently. Or if there is one, it is in an inaccessible location.

5. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Good point. However, I need the inverter for my laptops as well.

6. lynchy

lynchy Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2010
    off the grid
    Off to see Tesla Friday in London

7. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    So, I considered removing both existing inverters myself, and replacing them with an inverter, but Loves only had a 1000w continuous pure sine wave inverter.

I figured... 'Surely, Freightliner dealers will carry inverters of many ratings and output types, right?'

That's what I get for thinking.

Got to Freightliner Las Vegas. No inverters of any type in stock. They say it will take 4 days to get one if they order it.

After inspecting the current install, they will, however, do a unit swap if I can get a new-box unit to them.

But they close in 2 hours, at 1630.

Begin Scavenger Hunt.

Three hours later, after calling/visiting half a dozen auto electronics/audio shops, Fry's, Best Buy, and even Wal-Mart, I have nothing to show for it.

So... I get a Lyft to the North Las Vegas Loves and buy the same unit i decided not to buy the other day.

I will be delivering the unit and install kit to them this morning, then retreating to my hotel room to try to get some relaxation in on the rest of my 34.

8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I stringy suggest taking that cheap pos back to loves and gong to a big rv dealer. Another option is a medical supply house (ambulances nee3s to use quality inverters). The difference between those cheep truck stop ones and a good quality one is huge. Simply no comparison.

9. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    I do not have that option any longer. However, if I need to replace this one, those are two very good ideas. Thank you.

Even better. The fun and confusion of yesterday made me forget to send in my weekly settlement.

It doesn't hurt me financially, I have several months living expenses available, but it is annoying to leave my money in someone else's hands longer than required. I'll send it in when I get back into the truck, and I'll get the money next settlement.

10. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    BIG BIG payday, I like big paydays.

11. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    I like big paydays too, I just don't like forgetting to submit a settlement, allowing someone else to hold my money an extra week to make that next check bigger.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.