telling me to drive on a bad steer

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kolorado, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Can’t you send a message to his cell phone? With a Picture? Get the e mail? Call the Dispatch communicate. Screw email. Texting, and the rest. Talk Talk Talk. Sounds like both of you are dancing around confronting one another. Got to speak up. No ones a mind reader, quit guessing. Throw it right smack into his face. It won’t hurt too bad. Too many times, I get this email crap. I have a phone for a reason. Everyone nowadays wants to do their Job with as little real interaction as possible. It’s a real problem. Some not only can’t speak up, but can’t look anyone in the eye. It’s not that difficult.

NavigatorWife, John E. and bryan21384 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Ok little thing that happened to one of my drivers when he was at another company. He stopped after 500 miles, flagged the bad tire when he did his post trip. He called it into the manager but the manager asked the owner who refused to get it fixed, so the driver did his reset. When he woke up to find the tire flat. He called it in as a flat now and got a new tire put on the truck.

I asked him what was wrong with the tire, he said nothing but he went to the tire shop and borrowed this tool …

upload_2021-6-19_22-14-6.jpeg
    As he said amazing when the valve core is removed, the tire goes flat.

4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i would drive it to the nearest scale house. get a inspection done. never let a company know your intentions.

5. Kolorado

Kolorado Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    finally sent the photos to email just now just started here a month ago. never gave me all the info for stuff like this..

6. Kolorado

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    theres no scales from wichita falls to amarillo its like 3 1.2 hours im light now. so i feel like i could get there but the load at the yard is a tyson load there always 44k lbs and there "shop" isnt open on sundays to get the tire fixed

7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    I've had 2 flats on steer tires. Not cool. You can't deliver the load if your on the side of the road or titts up in the ditch.

8. Kolorado

Feb 28, 2015
    Colorado/Texas
    "there looking at photos now" pretty much ill drive 3 hours on it cause im light atm but not taking anything else to its fixed

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Gotta know how to work the system.

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s the smart thing to do. 3 hrs no Problem. A bad inspection affects your License these days.

11. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Driving into the scale and getting an inspection is asinine. Just cause your running in there to tattle doesn’t mean they will not put your name on the inspection form......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.