Terminated from Decker Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Elboricua2018, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Big Trip

Big Trip Bobtail Member

May 12, 2012
    Kansas City, KS
    Too funny....

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    It’s typical for Iowa based companies. You sit at a glorified exercise machine and you have different exercises involving your arms, legs and torso muscles. You have so many seconds to pound out a certain amount of reps. If you’re just a tiny bit shy of those reps then it’s back on the bus. My previous company did that some years back when i returned back to them, and the nurse happened to be a personal gf of the kid in charge of safety(an 18 year old know it all punk who thought he was bad ### because his daddy was the scumbag VP, the very guy who sold the place out, long story, but the nurse was a total #####)it’s basically done because of the workman’s comp laws in that state.

4. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    if you cant pass a physical test and your not elderly you better eat low carb and walk 20 minutes a day. knowing you will have to defend yourself some time is motivation enough to increase the exercise

5. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    quiropractor

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    actually, its chiropractor, but who's counting....

7. deepdiver888

deepdiver888 Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2018
    Had the same experience when doing my pre-employment screening and drug testing with Veriha Trucking. I am in reasonably good physical condition and have a good driving record and the HR Department would only tell me I didn't meet minimum physical standards. But all of your freight is no-touch right? Yes that's right was their reply so what the hell has this frickin' test got to to do with meeting the physical tasks required of driver? Crazy! After reading / getting more information on Veriha maybe failing their stupid test was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  8. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Veriha pulled that garbage on a number of drivers at my old company when they took it over. At first they just told the drivers things would go on as always, same office staff, same frieght base, just a different name on the side of the truck. Then they decided to have “re-orientation”. Big meeting with veriha’s hr people along with the former company owner’s grand-kid (who was a useless 19 y.o. punk to begin with and all of a sudden acted like he was the “big boss” after they made him the Iowa terminal safety manager). New policies, instructions on their POS rand McNally “Qualcomm”(garbage), and of course they had a full spread of DIY taco fixings and other stuff for lunch... once the meeting was finished and everyone was full of food they sprung surprise DOT physicals... I was lucky I didn’t have to because mine wasn’t due yet, but almost everyone failed them. Mostly stuff like blood pressure and a couple for diabetes. Then my time came in which they sent me to the worst clinic in the Cedar Rapids area, and was only able to get a 3 month card for sleep apnea testing.... then the fun part started at the beginning of the year when trying to get the new company’s insurance cards for my sleep apnea and treatment. At first they kept promising me my card was coming soon, and after two weeks of bugging verihas benefits dept I finally got a temporary card. I got lucky enough after my treatment started to get a 3 month extension.

Consider it a good thing you didn’t get to hire on with veriha. For all the noise they make of their “healthy drivers” program they will screw you out of the program if you happen to have so much as a cough. Just a typical POS Wisconsin training company.

9. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    You say othee guys where exhausted but you was fresh prince...
    So you lazly took the test..
    Other drivers took it serious and went all out....

You didnt pass... Maybe you should of spent the energy like the other driver did...

Way it sounds to me you didnt take it serious and that showed them what they wanted to know.

10. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Last time I spoke with them, they paid like ####. You were done a favor.

11. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I wish my last OTR outfit would of washed me out. Could of saved me 6 mo of BS refer hauling before I went to my local job. .

plankton and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.