The Good, The Bad, The Honest Truth of a New Roehl Lease Operator

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by MayhemTrucking, Dec 28, 2010.

1. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    He just likes to troll L/P threads and spout unintelligent garbage. He just said basically Preacherman doesn't own his truck and appearantly knows what rates I get, which changes with every load. He must have failed at a Lease before and cannot accept that just because he couldn't do it others can.

molands Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. molands

molands Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NW TN
    If you take a look at his profile you will see 90% of his posts are just that, bashing L/P threads

4. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    I noticed the same thing. Why do so many find it so necessary to denounce any type of lease deal without ever looking at it? They preach their message with a zeal that puts the most fundamental hell-fire preacher to shame.

For years I have read and listened to people who say if you are leasing a truck then you do not own your own business. What these people show me is that they know nothing about business. Many businesses do not own the equipment that they use and that even includes doctors. I'm not saying a company sponsored lease/purchase is the ideal way to get a truck, but I stand here as proof that it can be done. Everyone who ever looked at my lease and buyout came to the same conclusion and that was I had a good deal on a pretty good truck. I don't care how you get your truck, a good deal is a good deal and a bad deal is bad. This is where having a business sense makes a difference.

tsavory and molands Thank this.
  5. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    I know of many trucking companies that dont own a single truck and run 60+ leaseing them though rider and penske.

6. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Couldnt have said it better. Most of them are leased to the bank or finance company and they dont give a dang how ur miles are that month. With many paying huge interest rates that look more like a credit card then a bank loan lol... glad to see you made it preacher man and moved to greener pastures

7. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    A lot of it is fear of the unknown. People get uncomfortable when other people have the courage to try something they're too scared too, and are successful at it. It's too easy to take shots at others success than to actually work harder at being successful themselves.

57104 - Ya Heard! Thanks this.
  8. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Do as you please. I am not bashing about fleece purchases. Just hopeing to stop someone from making a bad decision. Every owner operator organization says its a bad idea. I even tried to meet the fleece purchase wanna bees half way and told them to take the contract to a trucking attorney for review or the OOIDA before doing anything. But as usual.....the driver always knows more. Go figure.

Rigbuilder Thanks this.
  9. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Not bashing "about fleece purchases?" Seriously? All you do is bash lease/purchases and the drivers who even ask for information about them. Everywhere. You can't even type the word "l-e-a-s-e" you bash it so much.

10. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    The best information I can give you is DONT DO IT! :biggrin_25513:

Its like asking what will happen if you bounce a check lol. Its a bad idea. Besides being a total financial rip off......you cannot take the truck with you (to lease onto another carrier) because the truck is not yours!! If you get a case of sour grapes with the company you are stuck like chuck. If they cut your miles or starve you out.....you are still responsible for the lease payments!! These fleece purchases benefit the company....not you.

Now for my solution for those that want to L/P. There are companies (strictly leasing companies) out there that will L/P you a truck.....and you can take the truck where you want long as you make the payments. It will be your responsibility to run the truck like a business and put money back on your own for maint etc etc. Some of these companies will allow you to return the truck if it does not work out. Or you can go with the big carriers and have your check raped every week and have no room to go somewhere else.

Rigbuilder Thanks this.
  11. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I think he's a recruiter for Kevin Rutherford...if he's even a trucker. He and his sputum really aren't worth the energy it takes to write this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.