The journey begins - purchased a truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by blairandgretchen, Dec 10, 2014.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    That was my next thought. I'll hit Amazon and see what I find.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You'll be pleased to know I arrived, surveyed the equipment - frowned and said "You don't want this tarped, do you?".

"Well, yeah - we did ".

After ascertaining who was who, a quick call to the agent yielded an answer from further up the chain - " if the weather is OK, just run it".

A pile of unused machinery for a no longer needed purpose, going to storage until it depreciated enough to cover a reduced sale. If anyone could figure out how to reassemble the thing and have it work again - good luck to them.

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I haven't even unrolled them, but by fancy i mean mid range. Light weight material on the sides, but normal thick vinyl on the top. I've seen those kevlar ones you are talking about but way to pricey for me.

Lepton1 and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I invested in a lightweight tarp yesterday.

I took an 8 foot lumber tarp to the canvas shop, and asked them to cut 2 feet off the bottom, hem it, grommet and add a row of D-rings.

Then I might use it - 'cos I sure as heck didn't ever use it the way it was. :)

6. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Now have them section it front to back!!!! Lol

Actually I use two homemade 4' drop tarps. One is 13' the other is 16' long. The 13' has a flap the 16' no flap. Covers all but one tarp load I have hauled this year and I think I'm at 11 so far.

They are not bad when they are that small. I Cary 1 27' lumber tarp with 4' sides also but that's it. These poor buys that only Cary 8' tarps for everything. Ugggg!

FoolsErrand and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Anybody want to buy 8' tarps?

blairandgretchen and Tug Toy Thank this.
  8. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    ?????????????????????????
    IMG_4880.PNG

9. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Now we're talkin!!!! So much for those tarps you repaired! Dose it stretch out to 70' too?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  10. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    While everyone wonders about Blair's new trailer I'll report about my new motor.
    First load with at about 500 miles it started missing. Acted like a fuel filter plugging up but fuel pressure was good. Got load off and went to my shop. Thought it was sucking air so replaced some old hoses with no luck. After many talks with the engine builder they were wanting me to bring it to them, I was tired and did not want to spend the time and money to drive to Springfield.
    The owner finally said if I would bring it to him he would give me $1000 for my expenses.
    I bobtailed up that night, 7 am they opened it up and found a roller on a rocker arm had broke. ( brand new part from Detroit)
    Had to replace the cam as it was hammered.
    They took me to a motel to spend the day, they paid.
    They brought me back to the shop about 3 pm as they were finishing changing the oil, owners son can out and handed me a $1000 check and I drove it home.
    Never been treated like that for warranty repairs in my life, needless to say I would recommend them to anyone needing a Detroit overhaul or complete motor.

11. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    I think I'll make it over that way when it's time for my inframe. Nobody can be perfect every time but it's how a company handles the screwups that sets them apart. They sound like they are top notch

Itsbrokeagain, Grijon, tax and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.