The journey begins - purchased a truck.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by blairandgretchen, Dec 10, 2014.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    It would be nice. Well, actually not really.

I’d assume they’re armed, and I’d have to shoot to incapacitate. Law enforcement and ambulance response time out here would ultimately lead in death. I don’t need that on my conscience.

The sickening feeling is the violation - that’s why I’ll consolidate at home base - where my conscience will not have a problem.

Not to sound like a green beret or anything, but I did win North Island, NZ air and sport pistol championships 2 years running back in the day.

But the targets were stationary, those meth heads tend to bob and weave.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Bummer but nice score on the car. It's probably a 3.6l Pentastar, isn't it? That's the same motor in lots and lots of Chrysler stuff including all of the modern Jeeps. It's probably got an 8 speed tranny, maybe more if it's brand new. That's where you get that amazing mileage from.

4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    The used car market must be better in your neighborhood. Around here prices are stupid. Dealer made me a offer I couldn’t refuse on this one and a 19 1500.
    043C2B8E-54B2-4221-8C6D-37F07EF64723.jpeg

JoeyJunk, Banker, Speed_Drums and 6 others Thank this.
  5. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Ooooh - that’s mighty nice.

6. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Funny.

Problem with truckem trailer driving - you get to afford nice cars, but if you’re caught at 15 over, smoking weed with that trashy red head around the corner - there goes the ability to afford the lifestyle.

Fun stuff becomes a liability.

I should have been a politician.

7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I’m impressed by the driver manual. It covers all models, including the 700hp Hellcat.

It comes with a RED key fob that has to be present to unlock all the HP and torque.

So the errant son can only wrap it gently around a pole

8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    That one was a 19 392 TA challenger. Anything lower than third gear it was hard to get the tires to hook up.
    I can only imagine what another 300hp would be like.

9. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Did it get the same on the return trip? Everyone knows it's all downhill to Memphis.

My wife's driving a '19 300 with the same powertrain. I was surprised at how well it moved out. Ours is AWD so a little less mpg. Best I've gotten is 29 on a road trip. She's one of those unruly aggressive drivers and barely breaks 25 driving to/from work.

10. Big_D409

Big_D409 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Robertsdale, AL 36567

If you decide to grab some cameras, I highly recommend the “ring” cameras. Just ordered 4 more floodlight cameras to replace some other brands that don’t live up to my standards. Only way one can get into my property is from my neighbors side (they aren’t a fan of a camera pointing at their fence that runs behind my shop). Though after 10 feet it’s game on. Gives me the peace of mind since I stay up in the northeast for a few months at a time now.
    Nice thing is the app has a 911 button and police being half mile away helps. Too many goodies floating around to want to start over.

jweebothee, Tug Toy, JoeyJunk and 8 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.