The "meat and potatoes" of National Carriers.

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by flightwatch, Nov 3, 2015.

1. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

Was told the camera is a new thing. ..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

Are you still with them ??

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You did a good job. I thank you. Your writing should stand as a example to all Newbies seeking a proper class outfit to run for. Hell Im old and retired but your writing makes me WANT to hire on with this out fit.

If they are really interested in driver fatique they should have cruise at 72 and pedal at 72 anyway. Otherwise stack a brick on there and tie it. Like the old school cruise back in the day. That was my only quibble.

You won me on the two points you made. The refusal to saddle you with a electrical ball of gremlin and the fact that the Company Boss is not adverse to getting down and dirty with the masses. That is usually makes a loyal employee of me. Because I have been a boss who will get down with the crew and get dirty, I never ask someone to do anything without being ready to do it.

If you are new and especially if you are YOUNG, like say under 26. (No offense... you are a boy to me.. relatively speaking. you will see my point when you get to 50 someday.. understand?) But you show promise. I think if you are careful, communicate and stay out of OH *&% in your life night and day, you are going to be successful.

If there were 500,000 copies of you being hired every year to drive all trucks Nationally America might be a bit more successful without half the problems that are a cancer upon us all.

ReeferRick and flightwatch Thank this.
  5. Slim driver

Slim driver Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2017

What kind of drug test do they use? Would hair lenghth be an issue for me?

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    lol here we go. Been awhile since we had a worried person about drug tests. They can use hair from anywhere on your body

7. Slim driver

Jul 27, 2017
    What about the rest of the orientation process?

8. tuckerthetrucker

tuckerthetrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    south dakota
    Nasty Drivers at National must be crap to work for.

9. old scummy

old scummy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Texas
    You get your own hotel room. It's a decent hotel in a good location. They pay for lunch and dinner. Hotel has breakfast.

You'll do a driving test and take a physical. After that it's all classroom and videos. Fairly unstructured go at your own pace. It's a painless process.

We''re turning over equipment right now so if you get hired you might get a brand new truck.

10. Slim driver

Jul 27, 2017
    How long have you been with em?

11. old scummy

old scummy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Texas
    2.5 yrs

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.