The New Era aka The Full Merger and Changes to Come.

Discussion in 'SRT' started by Voodoo Pyg, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Ok. Many may already know this, but now Covenant is making some really hardcore changes as of late to CTG as a whole. Mostly, I'll still be running with SRT however, Covenant, SRT, Star and Landair will now be running under the same DOT number come the turn of the new year. According to a call I received earlier this week, the new rule is now that we will be "required" to team or train under the new merger. Seeing as I am a dedicated account driver, that is not of me. So I guess I am a lucky dog after all. I will keep up the updates as I go and as always keep with my previous one year post as well.

Oink, oink.

Voodoo Pyg.

Lonesome and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    USXpress did something like that right around the Great '08 recession. Their options were go team, buy one of their trucks or they would buy you a bus ticket to a destination of you choice in the lower 48. The company I was working for back then had several drivers in orientation that week from USX that chose option 3. Sounds like a similar situation shaping up at Covenant.

Jarhed1964, Lonesome and Voodoo Pyg Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I would not be surprised. Combine 3 or 5 sick companies into one DOT number, fill out one tax form per year on the whole company now a really big group of still sick companies.

///TEASE.

When they understand the exact nature of the illnesses making the whole former group sick currently even under one DOT number that is when they will quietly cut off the deadwood and burn it. Emphasis on quietly.

5. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    To tell you the truth, I wouldn't doubt that one bit. I've always said if it's too good to be true, then it is. I've got my eyes wide open despite my CB handle being "The Eyeless One".

6. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Well you couldn't be more on the money @x1Heavy . Like a limb with leprosy or necropsy, I'm sure they'll find some way to either salvage it or cut it off to save the rest of the body.

7. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Not to mention that we are also taking on some of the displaced Celadon drivers as well. I found out that TEL leased trucks to Celadon and they were getting them all back. I've met two drivers who've decided to stick it out here at CTG.

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I see that SRT is closing the Texarkana Terminal and moving everything to Chattanooga. Laying off 150 people. No drivers. Any of you SRT guys know when then are going to shut it down?

DustyRoad, Jarhed1964 and Voodoo Pyg Thank this.
  9. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Hi there. That should be complete by May 1st. They are laying off 150 non-essential employees. As of right now, there are maybe four dispatchers in the building at a time. This is mostly due to the coronavirus.

DustyRoad, Jarhed1964 and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I just bought a used Cascadia. The price was too good to pass up. The salesman told me the dealership had taken an order for 350 new Cascadias for Celadon and they were already being built when Celadon went down. That put the dealership in a pickle. He said Covenant bought them all. He didn't say what kind of deal they had to give Covenant but I'll bet it was a good one.

DustyRoad, Jarhed1964 and Voodoo Pyg Thank this.
  11. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Somehow I have to believe it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.